1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 chip and back ups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by steimy, Feb 15, 2005.

1. steimy

steimy Active member

I read reviews on the chip at XMODD.com and most of the chips like Magic V and the others mention being able to boot your back ups without a swap disc, the DMS4 on the otherhand says it will boot "Homebrew applications"? I assumed that was their way of saying Back ups. Anyone have one installed and know if they boot back ups without a swap disc? Not that it is a big deal i have Swap Magic 3.3 anyway but i just ordered a slim PS2 with the DMS4 chip so i hope i can eliminate the swapping step.

2. blade22

blade22 Member

When you get the dms4 it will not boot backups at first. You have to get the TOXIC bios from the dms4 forums here: http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/index.php Once you get that, burn the imge to cd and boot like a normal ps2 game. It will flash the chip in your ps2. After that reset your ps2 and it's done

3. steimy

steimy Active member

thanks blade22, i can't wait to get it. No swapping will rule! But the premodded PS2's are made to order so i am looking at a 2 week wait. oh well, worth it in the end.
    Do you know if i need the ToxicOS V0.2
    or the Toxic Bios V1.2?
    The ToxicOS V0.2 says it is for the DMS4 Pro only, which is what i have comming. Or do i need both?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2005
  4. blade22

blade22 Member

you don't need toxic bios 1.2. All you have to do is get toxic 0.2 from forums, burn it, then boot it. Simple as that!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Thanks again blade22, appreciate the info.
    I am totally new to chips, i have been swapping with the old PS2 and that was easy enough, but i decided to upgrade with my tax money.

6. blade22

blade22 Member

No problem! I was swapping with swap magic before too but then i found it a huge hassle after a while. Hope you enjoy the dms4 pro as much as i do!

7. sfxgeek

sfxgeek Member

So do you need to do the Toxic OS V0.2 with the DMS4 EZI chip as well?

8. blade22

blade22 Member

Nope. Toxic OS 0.2 is made just for dms4 pro as it has much more flash memory. You have to get the toxic bios 1.2 for the dms4 lite. I would recommend getting the pro version as toxic are making a lot more things for the pro version soon. If your going to spend money on a chip i would buy the best there is so there is no need to get another one anytime soon

9. 87racing

87racing Member

steimy, when i got my premod from xmodd with the dms4 pro the toxic bios were already updated and i did not need to update them. so when you get the ps2 try out one of your backups to see if you need to update the bios.

10. jag87

jag87 Member

Will gran turismo 4 work with this? Thank you

11. steimy

steimy Active member

thanks 87racing, i will give it a shot. I hope to have it next week. It seems to take forever when your waiting on something, they said it should ship by the end of this week but i have not yet seen the tracking info.