1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 E.Z.I. Pro????

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by PupDog44, Mar 17, 2005.

1. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I was going to order this chip to mod my ps2. Sick of doing the swap disc. It says it is 100% completly wireless and plays everything. Has anyone used it and does it work like it says. Is the installation easy?

Thanks in advance

2. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Anyone.....Anyone????

3. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Come on no one has used this or heard rumors on it???

4. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

I understand what you mean, this slide card thing is really getting on my nerves plus i don't think that it's 100% safe for the PS2.
    I relly want to buy this DMS4 thing but I need to know if it really is the real deal. I am all excited about this one.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

6. Lucky1284

Lucky1284 Member

I successful installed one in about 30 minutes not including disassembling my ps2. It worked well for like 2 weeks and then it didnt boot any type of media anymore. I had to remove it completely to be able to read any discs. I decided to just get the Crystal chip instead which requires soldering. Soldering certainly gives better connections than solderless one.

7. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

Really?! You see the thing is I have no soldering Iron and I really don't want to solder anything insde my PS2, that's why I want to start using the clip on. Are you sure you did everything correctly when you were installing it?

8. spyman

spyman Regular member

why not get a chip + install from an installer? it will be relatively the same price as the solderless option.

9. Lucky1284

Lucky1284 Member

Kshep, I did installed correctly. My friend also had the same problem. With the clips, you have to put it on perfectly otherwise you can bend your pins on your DSP. Also, if you remove the clips can also damage the clip. I got to say it was very easy to install. If your ps2 is a version nine or newer, it can also damage your laser without the romeo mod. You should read some of the DMS3 forums so you know what you are getting into.

10. GroveBoy

GroveBoy Member

I have had mine going on 2 weeks. I had problems at first...I had to reopen the ps2, I covered the chips with electrical tape, and left most of the screws out of the metal cover. Works great...

I can play all my backed up games..I do seem to have an issue playing back DVD-R's now, but I dont use it for that anyway..just games.

I love it!