1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 EZI Pro and V15 PS2 (DSP and Bios dilemma) please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by samkatta, Mar 17, 2007.

1. samkatta

samkatta Member

Hi there everybody.
    Can someone please indicate which parts to be cut off from the Bios Clip and the DSP clip for installation in V15 PS2? ("A" or "B" for either)
    What happens if I left it without cutting will it work or not? or will it fry my PS2? as the manual is not clearing this matter enough, infact, there is a mix up in the photos of the manual where different parts are shown cut in different photos of the same mainboard version.
    Please someone help as this will be my second installation kit as my first kit failed and I got some bent DSP pins too (I hope it is still working as I didn't reassemble yet to try it out) and I don't want to ruin the second kit, these things are expensive and furthermore the risk of damaging my PS2 (if it's not damaged already).
    Please someone help quick.

2. tiptonwar

tiptonwar Member

I went by what is written on the actual clip itself.

BIOS CLIP:
    If your PS2 is version 5 through version 11 remove "B"
    If your PS2 is version 12 remove "A"

DSP CLIP:
    If your DSP Chip is version CXD1868 or CXD1886 reomve "A"
    If your DSP Chip is version CXD3098 remove "B"

Don't take this advice as concret since I got mine last week and my PS2 still does NOT work!