1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 EZi S.E. Pro Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by brimnac, Sep 11, 2007.

1. brimnac

brimnac Member

Hello, I know it is bad form to join a group and request something first thing, but I have been searching for weeks and can't find an answer.

Before I begin, I did use the search on this forum, but there was very little useful information.

I have two requests, and am hoping someone can help with one or the other:

Does anyone have an old/spare/working DMS 4 EZi Lite/Pro *Non-SE*? I have the clips for that on one of my PS2s, and am certain the chip is bad (replaced the chip w/a known working, boots just fine). If so, I'd obviously pay. I just can't find them anywhere online because of the S.E.s. If this is a bannable request, I am terribly sorry and just erase this, please don't ban my ignorance.

If no one can help with the first request... how the hell do you install the ribbon cables on the S.E? I can't make up or down of the instruction manual, and I sure as hell can't see into the chips themselves. I am pretty sure during the course of installation I have ruined at least two or three Playstations (I couldn't really care less, it's the hobby and accomplishment). Which direction does the cable for the DSP face when inserted (shiny side up or down)? Same for the BIOS, eject, and the chip. I know that is a lot, but I am just frustrated, and am pretty sure at least one person has to have successfully installed an EZi S.E. Pro on a V9 mobo. Please?

I just want to use my hard drive again, and the DMS has the Toxic BIOS that works pretty well with my 320gb hdd. I hate having all of my media around, I just want to buy it, rip it, store it.

Thank you to anyone who views, and to anyone who helps I really can't thank enough.

2. brimnac

brimnac Member

Has anyone successfully installed a DMS4 EZi S.E.?

Or, better yet, does anyone know of a modder in the Midwest I could send my PS2 off to? I don't have the same time I used to.

3. mwicksb

mwicksb Member

I have a DMS pro s.e for sale if you would like it
    email me at mwicksb@hotmail.com

4. brimnac

brimnac Member

Thanks, but I already have one of those. I think it works, but I will find out later this week(end?). I was looking for the non-S.E. version, because I already have those clamps in place.

My main question, however, was how to install the S.E. ribbon cables, because I can't make out which way they go using their instruction manual, and I have searched and requested on other message boards as well with few results.

Thank you, though, for your offer.

5. brimnac

brimnac Member

I guess I will ask once more, and then be done for now.

Does anyone have any clue, at all, about the DMS4 EZi Pro S.E.? I just want to know if even one person has it installed here, because I'm sick of soldering, sick of not having my PS2. Any help would be appreciated, I guess I'm just surprised, I thought these were more active forums.

6. brimnac

brimnac Member

F-it. I ordered both a new kit for my DMS4 Pro S.E., and HDAdvance 3. I am hoping HDAdvance 3 will support my WD 320GB HDD, if not then I resort to installing the DMS4 again. Hasn't turned out well yet, hoping I don't need to go there, though.

Thanks for *all* of your help, really. You shouldn't have.

7. macman123

macman123 Regular member

well that sucks man... because my old fat ps2 just died and I had the DMS4 E.Z. lite (non s.e.). so i took the chip out (works fine), and it appears that i cant install it on the new ps2 slims. so i need to buy a new chip and a new ps2. then again no one will answer or help me to confirm this.

8. brimnac

brimnac Member

Shoot me a PM. I would gladly trade the S.E., which hypothetically should work in your slim (maybe a new case?) for the non-S.E.

I have all of the parts, and actually just ordered new clips because I didn't think anyone was going to reply to this. I don't need the clips for the non-S.E., so that's no problem.

9. qwerty87

qwerty87 Member

10. brimnac

brimnac Member

Unfortunately, no clue. I wish I could help more, but it seems as though the device itself works. You may want to order new clips, I think divineo.cn has them for the older DMS EZi Pro/Lite (non SE).

Good luck.

11. macman123

macman123 Regular member

ok so you want to trade you new DMS 4 E.Z. S.E. for my old DMS 4 E.Z. non S.E.????

and what type of ps2 do you have??? because the chip i have only goes up to v. 10. sorry i didnt respond sooner, figured that you didnt need it anymore.

12. lovnpeace

lovnpeace Member

i'm complitly failed installation dms4 ezi se lite
    and i had broken my brand new ps2. it is too difficult to installation even with the offical giude book.

13. brimnac

brimnac Member

OK, at least you shouldn't feel alone. I consider myself really good and relatively smart, but I haven't had a single bit of luck with these damn things.

14. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

No offense to the people who bought the DMS EZI chips,but they really are not worth it.If you get the chance I would get rid of them the plc design on them are alright,but the actual bios clip is a problem for any ps2 system.I also think tinkering with the thin ribbon cables is also a problem.If the cables get bent they will infact mess up,and just messing with them is a horrible experience.I honestly blame Sony on the cheap method with the ribbon cables,because they really are the cheapest thing I have seen so far.I mean they are thinner than paper,and there is no reason they should use it because they have plenty of space to use wire instead.I don't know maybe it is just me,but if Sony got rid of those ribbon cables it would make a big improvement.

15. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

Hi i have a DMS4 EZI SE chip and a PS2 Slim (v15 i think) does anyone know how to install this chip i will send it to you i tryed but failed so please i could use some help cause i flashed it and now it wont work so i put it all back to stock and dont know what to do i just want to pay for it to be installed i have a exturnal HD i want to use with it also so if anyone knows where i could send it to have it installed please let me know thanks,David

16. mack81

mack81 Member

the chip is a wast of money. i purchased a new slim ps2 and the DMS 4 EZi Lite. when it came to fitting it non of the clips fit properly and i ended up breaking the console. i've chipped many an xbox before and even soldered a few ps2's but this time i thought i'd take the easy option. of course this did not work and i ended up forking out for a pre-modded console insted

17. brimnac

brimnac Member

Glad to hear I'm not alone, but it still sucks this is what they are selling now, and the only solderless they are selling (besides that memory card, now).

I ended up just getting a refurb GameStop unit and HDAdvance, whatever the latest version is. Plays everything off my hard drive just fine, have had no errors their website couldn't help me fix.