1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 EZI SE Solderless MODCHIP for v12 slimline

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by ancient23, May 27, 2007.

1. ancient23

ancient23 Member

Hi
    Anyone got a paddle (as i am up the creek)-
    right point 1
    Fitting a dms4 modchip - snapped the v12 eject pcb - ayone got an idea where i may get a replacement without having to pay another £50
    point 2 -
    has anyone fitted one of these - the instructions leave a lot to be desired in that it is not clear which way round you fit the ribbon cables - some diags show blank side up , some show blank side down. point 3
    which laser fix minipcb should i use with the v12 slimline

regards

2. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, that is a lot of what's and why's.
    Personally i would go to Teammodders.com and ask in the PS2 modchip forums. They install the chips and can most likely tell you, or help you out. Thay also have install pictures and install guides as well.
    Personally i do not like the solderless chips and prefer the soldered in tyoe which can not shake loose.

3. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

I have the same chip in my PS2 and im at the stage where i need to flash the ps2 now and im trying to flash it with toxic os and im having a hard time im putting the Bin and cue on a sony cd-r disk and putting it in my ps2 then the browser pops up and i pick the disk icon and the screen gose black what am i doing wrong?? thanks for the help

4. steimy

steimy Active member

you only burn the cue file to a CD, not both
    And you have to burn the cue file as an image with something like Nero or Alcohol 120%. I always used Nero for this, in the CD options it has a image burning part of the program, looks like a disc with a match on fire over it. Usually under the backup part of startsmart.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

Personally I would recommend heading on over to http://www.norcalmods.com and asking those guys. They have some great skills and can turn an EZI disaster into a delight.

This is apparently an EZI of some kind that they turned into a solder install.

[​IMG]

6. steimy

steimy Active member

i would tend to agree, even though it is a solderless chip you can get it soldered in. It would prevent any chance that the chip could get knocked loose. I know it pretty much defeats the purpose of buying a solderless in the first place, so the choice is really yours to make.

7. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

Thank you so much steimy u rule i have had this chip for 2 months and couldent use it now i can thanks to you !!!

8. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

Ok now im haveing a problem I flashed with toxic os now and now its not reading any origional ps2 games or the backups is there any setting i need to know about ? it still reads the flash disk tho so its not the lazer can anyone help with this :) thanks,David

9. steimy

steimy Active member

OK, step by step.

1. you flashed it. It went through the whole precess and it finished like it should. Then you reset the console per the on screen instructions?

2. Is this your first mod, meaning have you ever backed up a game before that worked just fine?

3. are you able to start the PS2 while holding the square button to get to the ToxicOS menu where the settings are?

There is nothing special you should have to do for most games but there are some settings that i usually change. Like i set mine to force NTSC mode, i set it to boot to ToxicOS rather than the PS2 screen because i have a hard drive and that is where i load games from. I also set the Y position fix to yes or on, which ever it was, so the PAL games fit the screen right.

10. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

ok yes i can boot to the Toxic screen. and i put all the settings on the ones that you used and it still wont read disk.yes i have played a back up game since the flash and it wont play now so im not shure what happend. I have a external HD how do I hook that up i would rather play games off of that! and how would i load them off of it? thanks

11. steimy

steimy Active member

for an external hard drive you need to get USB Xtreme discs to run it. But be warned that USB hard drives are no faster than playing from the DVD due to the slow PS2 USB ports. The game compatibility is also not that great with external drives.

not sure i understood the answer to this one.
    Have you ever made a back up copy that worked before this modchip. Like did you use to use swap magic and know that the back up you are trying to play worked with that and is now not working. If you know the game worked before then it could be a problem with the chip install. If you have not made a working copy before it could just be that you are not making the back up correctly.
    Also, do your orginal games play fine, if so then it is not your laser either.

Have to do this by process of elimination.

12. wrath1982

wrath1982 Member

yes i have played a backed up game since the chip install. and i have tryed to play that same game and it wont play anymore :(

13. steimy

steimy Active member

well, you may have to eliminate the problem by doing things one by one. Like first thing would be to copy the game again onto some top quality media like Verbatim (if it is not already) and try that.

Second thing would be to try messing with the ToxicOS setting, but only ones that will not effect anything major. Like do not mess with the video settings because if you set it to a mode that your TV doesn't support then you will get nothing but a black screen and will have to reflash it to get the picture back. Like try setting the force mode to match the region of the console, like for me force NTSC. IUf that doesn't work try it on auto, you can try different boot modes like fastboot or boot to ToxicOS, you can try Y-Position fix both on and off.