1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dms4 in myps2 V7

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jer11, Apr 29, 2007.

1. jer11

jer11 Member

OK i having some issues, im kinda new to these newer style modchip. i have installed many on my older models ps1 & ps. I am having issues loading backup cd-r's, the chip i think is installed right the only ? is the 4 wires on the flip side where the DVD-RW which should i use? I can not get the main screen to come up altho i can disable use the Square button and fast bootbut thats it. what am i doing please help me with some direction the ones supplied arent so great

2. steimy

steimy Active member

after you installed it did you flash the chip?
    You need ToxicBIOS with a DMS4 Lite
    you need ToxicOS with a DMS4 Pro
    http://www.teamtoxic.com.cn/

3. jer11

jer11 Member

ok nice i got it to work now i need to figure out how to get games on the PS2 with burning them on a disc i see them in the demos but cantfigure it out i also wanted to know how to work the cheat section on toxic os

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, to load games on an internal hard drive do this.
    1. start the PS2 but hold the square button down on the controller so you enter the ToxicOS
    2. in the setting switch the boot mode to boot to ToxicOS rather than the normal PS2 browser. The only time you will switch this back is if you need to do any deleting of files on your memory card as it will not show in this menu. While your there you might also want to set the force mode to your region if you have games from PAL and NTSC.
    3. now go to the bottom, save and exit. Then reset the console so the settings take effect and it should boot to the ToxicOS main menu.
    4. Now you have 3 settings, load a disc, eneter the settings, or ToxicOS. You want to choose ToxicOS as this is where you can load/delete games, enter and use the cheat device, or load and use ELF (homebrew) files.
    5. there is a tab for each thing, so go to the games tab, then press down on the pad on your controller (not the joysticks but the game pad) and you should enter the box below the games tab. This is where your stored games will be when you load them. Now press the game pad to the right and you should enter the menu there with install, delete and so on. Choose install and it will ask for your disc (or you can just have the disc already in) put in the disc and press ok and it will copy to the hard drive.

as far as the cheat system that i have only used once and i forget all the steps. But i do know that you need to get the codes from AR Max, Gameshark or Codebreaker. Then use a program called Maxconvert and convert them to raw format and enter them. If you have a cheat disc then use it as it will be easier.
    here are some already converted codes you can practice entering.
    http://web02063.prolocation.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11163
    once entered you have to go into ToxicOS, enable the cheats, then start the game.