1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 lite installation question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by scott2453, Jan 21, 2005.

1. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

ok heres the situation: i got the DMS4 lite for christmas. I went to the website and got all the diagrams for the soldering locations. now my question is this: since these diagrams are the only thing on the site about installation that would lead me to believe that there is nothing else to the installation other than the soldering. Or is there more steps required? So all i have to do is solder all the points and its ready to go? if anyone could let me know that would help a lot because i want to make sure i know exactly what i need to do before i start this.

2. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

3. raygeo

raygeo Member

You'll want to do the summone fix as well to keep your laser from burning. Other than that all you need to do is follow the diagrams. I suggest using solder paste instead of straight solder, the paste is easier to work with and will free up the use of both hands. Go to these boards to search for the summone fix.

4. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

thanks for the help raygeo but i have one more question i searched for the summone fix and could not find any useful info on what this is if you could point me in the right direction that would be great thanks also i have a version 1 ps2 if that makes any difference