1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 Lite Nightmare (PICS)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by nuggets, Apr 3, 2007.

1. nuggets

nuggets Member

I bought this PS2 a year and a half ago pre-installed with a DMS4 Lite modchip. I threw a HD in it when I bought it and have been loving it ever since yesterday, when I tried booting it up and got the dreaded blank screen.

I took it apart and cleaned it with compressed air, still blank screen. Took it apart further to inspect the mainboard and everything looks fine except for sketchy install and a wire that isnt connected to anything?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been scouring the internet for instructions but I havent found any solid info. What does that wire do, and does it need to be connected? Any other advice for me is appreciated

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/
    they have install guides there. Also you can try posting your question and pictures in their PS2 forum as some people there install chips and fix PS2's so they may know the answer

3. millerkid

millerkid Member

if the wire i think ur pointin to go through a hole to the other side of the board . i believe it goes to disk readin lens controls .dependein on what vertion you have it could be 2 or 4 wire goning there .