1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dms4 lite w/ laser fix on a pstwo slim

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jsmith2, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jsmith2

jsmith2 Member

just wandering how many people here have a dms4lite & laser fix installed in their slim pstwo, and have not had their laser burn out on them. im interested in getting it but a lot of people complain saying their laser are burning out especially on the slim ps2's. does the laser fix actually fix anything?

how reliable in terms on months is the dms4 & laser fix. will it just break down withtin a week or two or will it last a whle.

by the way i have 70003 uk pal version. it hasn't got a date code on the bottom! i just bought so it a week ago so im not sure if sony has addressed the laser issue with the version i've got. also anyone know any good & SAFE places to buy the chip from? need international shipping as well.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I know Steimy, who is a member of this site has either a DMS4Pro or DMS4Lite in his slimline ps2 and he has never had any problems. PM him if you have any questions about it.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

Yeah, i have the DMS4 Pro chip. I do not have the laser fix as far as i know, and have no idea if they installed one because i bought it premodded at XModd.com
    Do not want to open it up if i don't have to. Have had it for about 3 months now without the slightest problem.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

If I had to guess Steimy, I would think that they put in a fix to prevent laser damage, but who knows!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

I figure if at ain't broke, don't fix it. So if the laser goes out i'll worry about it then. :)

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

I got a dms4lite not sure if its with a laser fix. But sometimes I get the red mist screen and sometiems the sound is choppy and sometimes it freezes.

The laser sounds like it is working hard... For example. GTASA stopped and couldnt read from disc, and midnight club 3 froze in hte shop at the start and Killzone will not boot past the playstation 2 toxic screen.

I don't like the sound the laser is making, but am wondering what way the pstwo slim should behave with backups. Does the laser work harder it runs my ps1 backups fine and it doesnt run snes station(I think im burning that wrong, have to try again)

But if someone can tell me about the sounds and behaviour of games in general with a chip.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Well i checked it out and they did install a laser fix called summone on my PSTwo with the DMS4 pro. As far as your systems sound and behavior, a chip should not change any of that. It should act like any other PSTwo. One thing i would need to know is what kind of media you are burning on. That can sometimes cause the problems you mentioned. MIne works great, all of my games load just fine, no extra funny noises. The only problem that i have seen so far is when the chip an PSTwo heat up after playing for an hour or so. When you go to swap games, you will just get a black screen. But if you just unplug it and go get a soda and snack for 5 minutes then try it, it will boot right up.

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  8. teggy

teggy Regular member

Well sir, I use Ritek g04 white printable top discs. some games are on TDK ttg02 and others are on game brand discs. The game brand discs refuse to boot. some games boot but are choppy and slow. God of War backup boots and runs fine, everyone has problems with that at some stage regardless of the method they use to boot. But after that I can run ps1 backups... and then others don't boot. I asked in another thread about flashing the chip and that maybe that would help. Cuz I dont have access to the features of the chip nor do I know how to use them.

As for strange sounds, well its just the laser trying to read the games on dvd-r. Normal dvd-roms work grand. I know it can read ritek go4 and tdk ttgo2 cuz of god of war and ratchet and clank backups. But il leave it for a while then try some of the other games like u said it might be hot.

Thanks.

9. deadbeat9

deadbeat9 Guest

hey does any know where to get a sumone fix

10. dreamzboy

dreamzboy Regular member

I modded my ps2 slim using Neo Fix xii. It works great. No errors. Been running it for hours after hours. No sign of disfunction yet. for the summone fix try here http://forums.psxforum.com and do a search. Sorry i don't know the specific place.