1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 press on chips???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NoSldrPs2, Apr 4, 2005.

1. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

DMS4 E.Z.I. LITE and DMS 4 E.Z.I. PRO

Are these chips any good???
    I wonder if the work like a solded chip, and eventually won't need any SM disc, right???

Won't the press (when installing) damage the PS2 board???

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It's like liver..... some love it and some hate it. I've been soldering in dms4's and figured I'd try the ezi. I hate that damn thing. It busted a leg on the dsp on a v10 board. Installing it can be very tricky. Now I'm looking to sell it and just stick with the regular chips. But others will tell you they had no problems. Good luck with which ever way you go. Oh, and ya, with a chip you won't need the swap magic discs.

3. chaseacej

chaseacej Member

Like he said it can go both ways. I had no problems with my install and i absolutely love the chip. Going to install another one on a friends here in a week or so.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Get the DMS4 pro and solder it in or have someone else do it. The Toxic team is always updating the flashes and features available for the DMS4 Pro.

5. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

And if you don't have anyone reliable enough to sold the chip, or if i don't have the knowledge to do it myself, as it happens to be????

I thing the EZI is a fair solution, with its drawbacks and goods....

6. steimy

steimy Active member

or you can just save your money like i did and shell out the $315 shipped price and buy a premodded system with the DMS4 Pro chip and ToxicOS v0.2 already installed on it.

7. NoSldrPs2

NoSldrPs2 Guest

I i already have a PS2, why buy another premoded????????