1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 PRO doesnt work?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by xybercoke, May 1, 2005.

1. xybercoke

xybercoke Member

I just got my PS2 slim v12, modded today, with the DMS4 pro, the first time i tried it it worked flawlessly, after a while i turned off the system, when i came back, it wouldnt load! i was like WTF? so i started looking on forums to see if i could find out what was wrong... so i tried installing different flash memories for it, Toxic 0s 0.3, and the DMS4 one from the site, it loaded these fine, with no problem, but when i tried a game or dvd again, nothing happened, after several more times turning it on and off, i got the game working! i was like sweet, but i still have the problem where it only works when it feels like it, which isnt very often, any one know what might be wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!

2. deputyrj

deputyrj Member

You ever get this problem solved....I am having the same issues

3. deputyrj

deputyrj Member

Someone help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. fream

fream Member

Ever got your PS2 working?

I have the same problem with a V9, DMS4 pro & ToxicOS 0.3. So far the only thing that works for me is the following:

- The only keypad functions that are available while booting are L1(disable DMS4) & R1(ToxicOS)
    - Using the ToxicOS setup option, I have made the default boot value (ToxicOS). This is the only thing that allows me to boot the PS2 time after time.
    - From the displayed menu, I use "Load Disk" option to play burned game backup.

I also found that turning the PS2 completely off (mechanical switch) and waiting a 20 sec. was yielding better boot success rate.

Hope this help you! And if you have found other tricks... Let me know

5. xybercoke

xybercoke Member

Well, the ps2 slim, doesnt have a switch in the back to turn it off, but i did find a fix, all though not tottally effecient, i got one of the fans for cooling down your house on hot summer days, and i put that in front of my playstation and turn it on high when playing games, it cools down the PS2 alot, and if i play a game for a few hours, i can turn it off, and switch games in about 3 min. which is alot better then the 30-hour wait i had b4 the fan, only disadvantage is teh fan is like 4x the size of the playstation slim, lol. and it makes the area really cold, so i need a blanket when playing. but hey if you dont wanna wait an hour to play again, its a good fix

6. munx

munx Regular member

try emailing them directly and see if you get a response. is it a real chip?