1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 Pro - OR- Matrix Infinity

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Lukester, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Lukester

Lukester Member

Im gonna buy a pre modded ps2 from a web sight that gives me a choice of these 2 chips ...Is one any better than the other? I have a majic III that Ive been O.K. with...Thanks for any insight

2. 87racing

87racing Member

i have the dms4 pro and it works great. it plays every game ive backed up so far.

3. Lukester

Lukester Member

It just seems that alot of the matrix chips are NOT matrix.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

DMS4 Pro here too and love it.
    check out the post on chip comparison i posted earlier today.

5. DBZB126

DBZB126 Regular member

GO MATRIX INFINTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

I am buying th DMS4 Lite edition, will that work on games like splinter cell and such? I am begining to hate the slide card method.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

I would just spend the extra few $$$ and get the DMS4 Pro.

8. Masoud23

Masoud23 Guest

if ur gonna get a v12 then go with matrix infinity and be sure to ask them for a fix like summones fix..
    cuz dms4 is havin lot probs with v12

9. icr

icr Member

I bought a PS2 with DMS Pro and ALSO a HDD.
    I have the HDLoader program on the chip, so I just have to press R1 when starting the PS2 and I have access to all my games - works really good.

10. icr

icr Member

I did not go for a slim line as you cannot install a HDD.

11. spyman

spyman Regular member

The DMS4 is great, masoud where are you getting that ppl are getting lots of problems, quit bashing DMS, youve been brainwashed by the people over at ps2scene who have a grudge against the team, of course they are going to say bad things about them.

The fact is the MI causes mechacon crashes more often than any other chip from my experience.

The DMS4 Lites work fine on the slims as long as the protection is applied, and the people install it right. Its not an easy chip to install, compared to the others.

My recommendation for slim ps2 is still the magic kx+ though as its the safest.

For reg ps2 DMS4 Lite/Pro are great !

12. Lukester

Lukester Member

Well I told the Guy to use the matrix on the v.12 he's moodding for me...That was his pref. also...As long as it works Ill be happy...Beats not having anything right?

13. spyman

spyman Regular member

Lukster it is of the utmost importance he install the summ0ne fix for you, if not say bye to your laser a few months from now, when fate decides to say, Mechacon crash.

14. Lukester

Lukester Member

He is installing that fix for me ... thanks for that...he said that he does it on all the new modds cuz of the laser problem.

15. spyman

spyman Regular member

ya its important, i don't like to see peoples systems get fkd up, when it could easily be prevented.

ive got around 12 ppl so far that have come to me for help after they got modded at china town here, apparently they not only paid an arm and a leg, they got a clone chip nh9's and modbos, and had a diode fix, which ive shown on another forum why it is useless.

but good stuff, just another note, remember to use high quality media to prolong your lasers life, and never use a dirty disc, always clean it of fingerprints etc.

16. romero

romero Regular member

I haven't had a single problem with my Matrix Infinity. DMS4 seems to have much more options and functions compared to Infinity, but I've been very satisfied to it.

17. Lukester

Lukester Member

Yea, I bought 150 blank sony's -Rs when they went on sale...they seem to all work good for me. The guy thats doing the new machine for me sells um for $250+$15 to ship from CA. And promised no Clone Chip. Plus gave me $70 trade for my old v.3 unit. Ill see if it was a good deal when I get it