1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 pro SE chip install issues. Expertise needed!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by skator360, Jan 23, 2007.

1. skator360

skator360 Member

Hey everyone. I'm new to afterdawn so I hope im posting in the right place. If not I apologize.

I have a weird problem. I just finished installing a DMS4 Pro SE mod chip in my v7 PS2. After putting it all back together and loading ToxicOS onto it, the system will ONLY play CD-R's. It will NOT play original DVD's, back up DVD's, so the only thing ive got to work so far is the Toxic CD and a backup PSX game. I have no idea why the original games and backup PS2 games will not be recognized. (note: they wouldnt boot before I installed ToxicOS either) This leads me to believe it may be a faulty wire, but the install was pretty damn good if I would say so myself. :). Anyways, i'm not too thrilled that i payed $$ for the PS2, and $$ for the modchip, and I cant even play original ps2 games lol.

Thanks in advance for any help, it would be greatly appreciated. I am even prepared to make a donation to the afterdawn forums if my problem can be resolved :) Thanks again,
    -Dave

2. skator360

skator360 Member

sorry don't mean to double post, i dont know where the edit thread button is., but just to update, I have tried all three dvd formats (movie, original game, and backed up game) and none work. So far, nobody has any answers for me, im stumped.

3. NHS2008

NHS2008 Regular member

Maybe you forgot to solder some wire or it was'nt soldered properly.
    why don't you open your ps2 again check it out.
    i have heard that you have to solder a EXTRA WIRE if you want to run
    CD-RW's & DVD-RW's so some wire needs to be soldered maybe.
    (this is what the "EDIT" button looks like: [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. skator360

skator360 Member

I will look at the wires again. For the V-7 Ps2, the instructions i was using (from mod-chip.com) say that one wire is for cd-rw compatibility, but the v-7 drive doesnt support cd-rw. So i left that wire off. the only other wire I didnt solder on was the "v" wire because apparently that was only supposed to be used on japanese consoles. But thanks for your input I will look over the connections.

5. sunburstX

sunburstX Member

6. skator360

skator360 Member

the ps2 ran just fine before i put the chip in. Now it only plays CD-Rom based games such as original/backup PS1 games. The laser should be just fine considering it reads cd's just fine. Those are the exact same instructions you posted above that i used to install the chip, so I have no idea.

7. skator360

skator360 Member

all the connections look fine to me, Does anyone recomend trying to install the V wire (japanese system) and the wire that enables +/-RW media, ? I really have no idea what the problem is. Modchipstore doesnt seem to want to help their customers, and the DMS coders refuse to respond, I am left with basically a really expensive big black PSOne.