1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 PRO Will work for the Slim Line?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by electwire, Mar 6, 2005.

1. electwire

electwire Member

Im modding a PS2 slimline PS2 for a frined I normally do xboxs mods so just making shure this a compattable

2. spyman

spyman Regular member

it will work, I use the DMS4 Lite, although there are lots of reports on other forums that it causes over heating issues. Ive yet to encounter it, but I switched to using the magic kx+.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. electwire

electwire Member

magic kx+. is that the CD's that you install and your ps2 will reconize burned cd's - I guess you can install a diode so the system will not over heat

4. spyman

spyman Regular member

5. electwire

electwire Member

Do they really work why do a hard install if i dont need ta ya know.

6. spyman

spyman Regular member

You need to buy a flip top in order for it to work from my understanding on them.

The problem is the slim ps2s can crash and burn the laser out even without a modchip. so its important to add the resistor protections to the track and focus laser coils.
    This will make sure that if the system crashes it doesnt ruin the laser.

Also why bother dealing with swapping and discs etc when you can just install a chip :)

Also diode, are you refering to the diode fix that goes on the tracking & focus, over time the system will stop working if you use the diode fix. the "summ0ne fix" is the best way to do it.

560ohm resistor & 4.3/4.7k ohm resistor usually needed or 1.8/2.9 & 4.3/4.7k ohm resistor usually needed

depends what your stock value resistor is

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  7. electwire

electwire Member

Yea thats what I was talkin about thought it was a diode so every time you want to put in a backup CD you need to 1st put in the disk correct?.. if that is so rather do the hard mod

8. spyman

spyman Regular member

lol, diodefix is supposed to slow down the laser getting warn out, its not a mod that will magically allow backups to play. its just an electrical component :), the "diode fix" is just diodes on a flex pcb.

I wrote up an explanation on a forum explaing why diodes will do shit all :) but there is enough proof out there that the diodes don't work, ask everyone with busted laser :)

The summ0ne fix uses resistors, thats the best way so far.

With the magic discs you need to get a flip top case, and then the swap magic discs. you put the original in, flip the top, put the back up in. very tedious, and you are at more risk than a modded ps2 with the summ0ne fixes applied.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005