1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 SE PRO SOLDERLESS

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by brannon43, Jul 26, 2007.

1. brannon43

brannon43 Guest

I have installed the chip on a v5 console. My US formatted games still work. I tried to play a PAL game and still got the red death screen. How can i tell if the chip is even working? i then researched a little more and discovered that flashing should do the trick. WRONG!! I have burned dms and toxic 1.4,0.41 flash at slow and fast speeds with either nero or alcohol. I put the cd-r in and still get the red screen of death. PLEASE HELP!!

2. brannon43

brannon43 Guest

THE CONSOLE IS A PS2 V5

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yes we know that. No need to say it twice >_>

DMS Solderless chips are infamous for being problematic and not working properly.

4. brannon43

brannon43 Guest

Does anyone have any suggestions on this matter?? Any would be greatly appreciated.

5. Pete_HD

Pete_HD Member

Return it if possible and go for a solder-required one. You'll save yourself a few bucks but you'll have to get dirty. There are tons of video tutorials on how to install 'blah blah' chip.