1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dms4 se pro V12 Ps2 HELP

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by mcglock, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mcglock

mcglock Member

I just installed the chip and if anyone is familer with this install, I have a question for you. The "x" conection is attached to a tiny semiconductor I think not sure what it is, and I desoldered it and its gone somehow. My question is is there any way to fix this and what is that part Thanks in advance Shawn

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

The same part came off from my ps2 motherboard when installing a Matrix Infinity chip, its actually a SMD capacitor, values are 0.0047 uF (4700 picoFarad) Ceramic 10% 50V.
    You will need to buy a replacement and solder it on, without it, you wont beable to play PSX backups.

3. mcglock

mcglock Member

Thanks alot. So If I don't care about psx games can I bidge it or leave it open?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Yes, you dont need it, dont bridge the connection, doing so can cause damage to the motherboard, but you can leave that connection open, and just remove that wire from the chip, my ps2 worked 100% fine without the capacitor on all games, I just could not play psx backups. But i did eventually buy the part and solder it back, was very difficult, its incredibly small.

5. lbrw

lbrw Member

I've just ran into a similar problem myself but does it matter what sort of capacitor is needed?

I've managed to get hold of a "Decoupling Ceramic Disc Capacitor" with the correct values, would this be ok to use or should I been looking at a different type?

6. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

The value and type of capacitor is quite imporant, for example, the once I mentioned is a 10% ceramic 4700 picoFarad capacitor, as long as I get a ceramic 10% that is 4700 picoFarad, then it will work fine.