1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 solderless option might be available

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by L-Burna, Nov 22, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I read off one site that said that DMS4 where going to make a solderless option still giving the same quality as it being soldered.I was wondering has anybody seen heard of this yet.It looks like soldering might not be needed for modchips in the future for PS2 if this is true.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it's posted on the news page at ps2owns with images of it, just wonder how much it will cost and hope it fits better than the old magic clip(what a nightmare)

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it looks like a cool idea, but with so much stuff, its probably going to be expensive.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I hope the same thing,I would rather have a solderless than a solder mod though.It seems it would be easier to replace than to go desolder the mod inside of the system over and over again which could cause damage after a certain amount of time to upgrade chip mainly.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I think it will probably be a fair price though.If it is in the $75 dollar area it is worth it if you think about it.I think I paid around that much for my Xbox modchip which is solderless,it included shipping an handling also though.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i think i'll wait for a few others to fit one and see how they get on with it before i consider getting one for my new v9

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah I don't blame you the install for a first no swap modchip solderless adapter could be a pain for real.

8. Cybby

Cybby Member

the last time i saw on a website, it was being sold for 78 dollars (today)...and its a preorder. the chip itself is coming out after new years

9. SCE

SCE Guest

sounds like another junk clip kit like they use to have for the magic chips .