1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dna$ questions and killzone

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by k1team, Dec 30, 2004.

1. k1team

k1team Member

Hi, im new to dnas patching but have read alot but couldn't find some answers to some questions:

1. how many disc ids are there per disc, and how do I know if it is valid (before burning) using Disc ID Utility V0.2A

2. im using Messiah mod chip and have read the special instructions in http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html however even while holding the reset button down, every time I press X a new disc ID pops up, usualy all 0s then a new ID (this has happened to all the discs i've tryed - all pressed originals)

killzone just gives me a 864 dnas error code so I assume im getting a wrong ID

I am following the http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html guide perfectly using ImagePatcher to patch, but no success in online, any help would be apressiated

2. siegeA

siegeA Member

There should only be one Disc ID per game. I have only done one game so far, but it was Killzone. I just did it last night. When i used Image Patcher it said that it didn't recognize the game. I found another version of basically the same thing as Image Patcher, it was called WinDip. After I used it everythign went fine.

I can't help you on getting the ID though, because I'm using Swap Magic and flip-top. I don't have any idea of how to get the Disc ID Utility to work on a "chipped" ps2. Some1 else on here should be able to help though,

Good Luck.

3. k1team

k1team Member

Ok, I found a place where I got the last 3 of the 5 hex ID for killzone disc, from there I just made up the first 2 hex sets and the dnas worked fine, thats all and good, but I want to know if anyone who has a Messiah and had these problems, Ive checked like 5 original online discs (which I know use dnas) and it just generates random numbers.

My only other possibility is that someone could point me to a link to the DVD Disc ID Utility V0.2A version. Thats the only thing I can think of.

4. fpvgt

fpvgt Member

can you please help me i have tried patching and it still didnt work can you please give me a quick and simple way to play online