1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS 402 Error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by soupdog, Dec 20, 2004.

1. soupdog

soupdog Member

Does anybody know a way around this error (DNAS 402)when connecting with the network adaptor? I think the mod chip (not sure what type I have) is causing the problem. I saw the list of ways to deactivate my chip but none seem to work for me. My ps2 is V.7.
    Thanks

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Definately sounds like your modchip is causing it. Is it a back up or an original you are trying to get online with? need to know what chip you have really to help.

3. soupdog

soupdog Member

I haven't even got to playing a game yet...this is happening during my install and set-up. The only disk in is the Sony install disk. How do I find out what kind of mod chip is in there?

4. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Take your ps2 apart and have a look. If possible take a photo of it and post it here and i'm sure everyone will help to identify it.

5. Zanakand

Zanakand Member

OKay, all modchips except the DMS chips are universal. To "turn off" your modchip it is very easy. All you have to do is put the game in and put it on standby. Then u hold the reset button for 3 seconds. That should disable the modchip. To turn the modchip back on u need to turn off the ps2 from the back and turn it back on noramlly. Now I'm going back to sleep ~_~;;; If u have any questions I may come back. I was just scrolling around

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  6. johnet28

johnet28 Member

WHAT I DID WITH THIS PROBLEM WAS

I USED I DIFERENT SET-UP DISK THAT THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE NETWORD ADAPTER

7. chs24cc

chs24cc Guest

Zanakand, i was really getting pissed off today b/c i kept getting the 402 error and couldnt find any forum to help me. I read what you said about "turning the mod-chip off" and it worked like a charm. I appreciate you posting that reply.