1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS and online play

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bighitz50, Jan 8, 2005.

1. bighitz50

bighitz50 Member

I'm new to the backing up thing. If I have a patched backup, can I play it online? I read some of the forums, and I'm getting mixed messages. What is the purpose of patching a game. I've also used disc id utitlity to get the dnas numbers. Ever game that I put in gives me the same DiscId number. Is that suppose to happen?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, you can play it online if you patch it with the dnas id. if your getting the same id every time, your not doing it right. what exact steps are you taking?

3. bighitz50

bighitz50 Member

I'm doing it according to ps2nfo site. I use swap magic, then a cdr of disc utility, then the orignal. When I put other games in, I do not reboot. Can that be the problenm?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

maybe, are you using the eject button to put the originals in? Also, are you sure these games have dnas?

5. bighitz50

bighitz50 Member

I have a flip top. How do i find out if it has dnas? I thought that if they are online games they must have dnas.

6. bighitz50

bighitz50 Member

I have a flip top. How do i find out if it has dnas? I thought that if they are online games they must have dnas.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Kinda, older online games don't have dnas, but anything within the last year and a half have it.

8. ducatis

ducatis Guest

remember if its a dvd orginal you have to use the dvd disc id util.

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats not true ducatis

10. ducatis

ducatis Guest

wtf are you on about. you have to use the DVD version of Disc Id Util for dvd based games and the CD version for CD based games.

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, your wrong. The dvd version was just created for people who cant boot the cd version (like me, with a v9 and swap magic 2.0). They are the same exact program, except one is burned on cd and the other on dvd. It doesn't matter which one you use because you use the eject button to insert your game to get the id.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  12. ducatis

ducatis Guest

well sorry. i contacted psnfo and they said what i am saying

13. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

whatever, i get the id off cd's and dvd's with my dvd version.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  14. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

as sly said, the cd and dvd version are the same thing. I use the cd version for all my back ups. (which are dvds)

15. micahman

micahman Member

can you use the same DNAS code for all of your backups? I took one off of my original copy of ballers and used it for my splinter cell pandora tomarrow backup, can I use the same code for my backup of ghost recon 2?

16. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

playing online with backups is possible.. i've done it with my NFL Street and it works fine... but you can't take the same disc id from another game and put it to another game.. its not going to work right when DNAS checks it.. that code is unique.

17. micahman

micahman Member

Sorry, I read some more and you are wrong. I took the disc ID from NBA ballers and used it for pandora tomarrow and it works fine. I also used this same code for ghost recon 2.

18. bighitz50

bighitz50 Member

i'm trying to find the dnas for nba ballers. And I can't figure out how to use it disc id utility.

19. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

just make sure when you load the discid.. that your EJECT and put in the ORIGINAL OWNED DVD and press X so it picks it up.. Don't use a rental or borrowed game as then if they both go online.. it will send a message to Sony saying its been backed up and going to ban you.

20. micahman

micahman Member

ok that still isnt true. You can use the same disc ID for multiple games as long as they are not being played online at the same time. As long as the Disc ID you use is not being used at the same time it wont matter