1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS checking on burnt games?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Stinky_1, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I have a patched version of goldeneye that works online. I am wondering if its true that sony is checking for 2 of the same version online and shuttiung both systems down? I dont know enough about what is suposed to happen. and the last thing I need is for them to send some disable code tomy ps2. So before I really go nuts on this can someone link me somewhere that will explain what is happeneing, if anything at all.

If anyone else has been online with a cracked game please let me know if anything happened.

2. penguin77

penguin77 Member

3. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

not a LOT of info on that site about it. Some people say to watch out, others say its a farce. Has anybody here been banned? And what was the circumstance? I would guess it is more the mod chip they are picking up and NOT the cracked DNAS.

The story about a lot of the same games having the same dnas makes sense to me. They only have soo many numbers there can be, and there is more online games sold than the number of possible dnas's.

4. penguin77

penguin77 Member

see i never patched the dnas thing and never played online before but to be on the safe side rent the game from blockbuster and take down that one i dont know how to do it though i doubt they would ban the blockbuster id..

5. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

the thing is that I dont think Sony knows or even cares if its a blockbuster ID or not.

One problem I think there is, is that You cant normally get online with your modchip active anyway.