1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS error (-612) help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Joe_G, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Joe_G

Joe_G Member

I'll explain the situation.

I have bought a category 6 ethernet cable so I can play my PS2 Slimline Online.

I am using the PS2 game Champions of Norrath to set up my network since I do not have the normal setup disc that Sony supposedely supplies. Here is the problem:

I select the ethernet cable under the hardware option, then select auto for the IP address and the DNS settings. I test the connection and all is well. I save the settings to my memory card and continue in to the online game.

I connect to the network, then go on to the DNAS authentication were after a while it pops up...

(-612) DNAS ERROR
    Could not find DNS server please check network configuration.

I don't know what to do now, I'm guessing I need to fix this DNS server thing but I don't know were to start.

By the way, I connect my PS2 directly to my ADSL modem I don't use a router or anything like that.

2. ppills

ppills Regular member

Um DNAS error is not the same as DNS error which looks like you are thinking of.

It looks like they banned your DNAS code. I assume this is a backup copy of a game?

3. Joe_G

Joe_G Member

It is an original game, not backupped. What I meant to say is when it gets to the DNAS authentication screen, it says I have a DNS server error. I am aware that DNAS and DNS are not the same thing.