1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS Patching

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by OmriSama, Jun 4, 2007.

1. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Thanks to DAVBARE, i got my PS2 hardmodded with crystal chip 2.0 SLE. Now i need to know somethings:

1. how do i get to Auto Patch DNAS games?

2. What should i set my PS2 at to fix all screen positions and make my PAL PS2 the ultimate NTSC machine?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well im trying to boot up a game like Ratchet and clank 3 but when i boot it up in enhanced mode, it gives me error -803 (region error) and when i boot it up in minimal mode it gives me error -403 (Invalid or corrupted disc authentication data. "DNAS Error (-403) A PS2 disc information error has occurred." Incorrectly updated or missing patch. Possibly more than one update needed.)

I tried to boot it up in minimal and enhanced mode with a backup and an import. Both didn't work.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

ask in the forums i listed. I have a DMS4 Pro which doesn't have auto patching since i do not play PS2 online (only Xbox). So i do not know how to access your chips settings menu, or how it auto patches. I just know that it should work. When you ask the question i would also ask if the region of the game matters. Like if your using an NTSC console and trying to play a PAL game online will that still work.

Then post back as i am interested in the answers. Always like to learn neww things.

5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

I would've registered in that forum if the the administrators would'nt have disabled registration. If you're registered, you mind posting for me?

6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

UPDATE UPDATE!

I found out that i can't play games or backups from other regions on my PAL PS2.

Here's a list of the online games i have and status:

TOCA 3 (PAL): Working

SOCOM 3 (PAL): Working
    (though i did have a small, unrelated problem. I have to download an update to my memory card, the update is 3000 KB. I don't have that much space on my memcard. Can i download it to the HDD or something?)

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (PAL): Not working. The game starts up and when it takes me to the first ''loading'' screen, it fades and goes back to the language screen. The game probably detects the modchip. The only way i got to boot it up was to completly disable the chip (press reset 6 times in a row). What can i do?

Ratchet 3 (NTSC): Not working.

ATV Offroad 3 (NTSC): Not Working.

To play NTSC games online on my PAL PS2 i need to change the ID .

Quote of someone from that forum you gave me:

''like jones said, game must be same region as console (unless you modified the IDs ) but i dont know if this right for NTSC consoles, cause a PAL console with NTSC IDs (like mine) can play both PAL and NTSC backups and originals online...
    ''

What does he mean modify the IDs?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

that is correct, you did not mention that games you were trying to play online were from another region or i would have told you the same thing. The online is funny that way with a PS2.

8. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Yeah, but what does he mean by modifying the IDs?

9. steimy

steimy Active member

10. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Thanks but it dosen't work. I kinda messed around the the thing (changed my console ID and i changed the Ilink according to the thread in these forums you gave me) and now i keep getting error -880 which is hardware incompatibillity. Now no online game works. How do i use this?

11. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Ok i got it to work. Im currently playing Ratchet 3. Awesome. Just now i have to change the IDs manually every time i wanna play a different region game... whatever. I ain't got too many good online PAL games anyway. But what about GRAW? why can't i boot it up?