1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by romulad, Feb 5, 2005.

1. romulad

romulad Member

ok, my ps2 has the network adaptor in it, and im sometimes able to get online. But most of the time the stupid thing stops at 40% on the DNAS bar. I read some threads but they havent seemed to help me yet. I also heard about modchips. Will they help me or not, and if so, please tell me how and where i can get one.

2. KCJester

KCJester Member

wow...are you serious?

3. romulad

romulad Member

uh.. yeah!
    I just bought 3 more games that play online, and they work just fine. The game, Monster Hunter, is apparently scratched or something. Please respond if you know what i should do.

4. Real1

Real1 Member

so u cant get online AT ALL...... or just with certain games. If its not at all then its a prob with either the internet adapter or even with your firewall.... maybe list the ones that are NOT working.... I have 2 that dont work all the time either,so jester u can quit with the @sshole routine

5. romulad

romulad Member

The games that i have that DO work are:Godzilla save the earth, Star wars Battlefront, And champions of norrath. they get past the DNAS in a snap, but noooooooooooooooo. Monster hunter has to be stubborn and stop at the 40% mark in the DNAS. I can rarely get it up, and i tried today. but once again it didnt work.Once you read this please respond quickly as an event is coming up online and i do not want to miss it.

6. Real1

Real1 Member

Sorry for the delay... I been away at work the past week......... I am not familliar with these games. I mean to say,I do not play them. What I would suggest,as I have had to do with a few games is search the game on google...or here even, and look for certain ports that need to be opened... my TOCA and even Socom2 had to have ports opened... socom to speak and TOCA because it just refused to let me connect 90% of the time.

7. romulad

romulad Member

thanks real. I found out that i just get on battlefront, play for a few min (or hours) and then save. Then i exit out, put in monster hunter and put the ps2 on standby for 5 seconds. Then i load it up and monster hunter uses battlefront's passage in DNAS as a bridge to connect. That might work for some1 else 2.

8. romulad

romulad Member

uh... new thing. the stupid monster hunter thing wont connect now. oh well Area 51 is coming out so i gunna get that instead.