1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by saltan23, Dec 30, 2004.

1. saltan23

saltan23 Member

ok i want to get some things clear before i buy network adaptor..
    1st- i have a magic 3.1, and i want to know if it is possible to go online with backups using this chip.?
    if u put it in sleep mode then .

and if i can go online... what happens if i try to go on with a non-patched game..would i get bannned permanently immediately? plz help ..thanx

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

If your game is patched and your chip is in sleep mode then you can go online, and you don't get banned if you try to go online with a non-patched game, the DNAS check just doesn't pass. They'll never ban you permanently, because they want you to continue to buy and go online with their games. Worst case scenario if you did happen to get banned, you'ld just have to use the ps2 id changer.

3. saltan23

saltan23 Member

ya i have the id changer just in case :) .. but if i make a patched game and then go into sleep mode... the ps2 wouldnt read the game cus its a backup an the chip is in sleep mode?.... so how would i boot the game ?

4. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

u put ur chip in sleep mode only when u use the original game, but if ur back up is patched, then u just boot it as usuall. (u don't turn off ur chip)

5. saltan23

saltan23 Member

sick... so it should work with a good patch even on magic 3.1