1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNAS

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fgs5635, Dec 15, 2004.

1. fgs5635

fgs5635 Member

A lot of people on here have mentioned that if certain games are not working properly, it may because you haven't put the DNAS Authentication on your backup, even if you don't play online. My question is, how do you know if a game has this DNAS on it and if it does, do all backups of these type of games need the code. Or is it just certain ones?
    Plus can anyone explain how to put this onto a backup please??????

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Only online games have DNAS, any recent online games have DNAS id's.

You can get a utility called Disc ID Utility, you can get a DVD or CD version. Just simply get the util, burn it to disc and boot it with swap magic or mod chip. When the utility loads simply press eject insert the game you wish to get the DNAS from press eject to send it in and hit X. The utility will now check the game, once that is done record the top row of numbers and that's you.

NB: You cannot get valid DNAS id's from backups, they must be from real copies.

Anyways, as to games not working properly. Well I can only tell of one game with this problem, Fifa 2005. When playing it is fine, it is the sequences before goal kicks or corners that are sluggish. And obviously it will not play online.

3. fgs5635

fgs5635 Member

Do you then have to insert the code into your .iso before your burn to disc?
    If so how?
    Also, how do you know if its an online game? (Sorry if thats a stupid question)
    Does it say on the box?

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

Oh yeah it says on the box. In the UK there is a blue bar under the Playstation 2 bit that says With Netplay.

Yes you do insert the DNAS id to the .ISO image.

http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

That site has an easy detailed tutorial, complete with all the programs you need. I suggest using the disc id insertor method as it patches the actual DNAS files instead of just the .ISO image like image patcher.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2004
  5. fgs5635

fgs5635 Member

Cheers teggy!!

6. Marquinho

Marquinho Member

quick question. i follow all the steps but when loading the patched .iso file with dvddecrypter it gave me a pop up saying "you can not choose .iso files, only .mds files. We will change it for u this time but dont do it again" or something close to this.

i chose the .mds file and dvddecrypter didnt all me to press the "decrypt" button.

any ideas? any info would be helpful.