1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DND Shrink always provides restart

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by chiche, Apr 15, 2004.

1. chiche

chiche Member

Hello everyone,

Please excuse my bad english but i'm not from a country where english is often spoken language.
    My problem is that on my Home PC, everytime i run Shrink, the PC Shuts down an makes a restart. I've tried different versions of Shrink, tried with decrypter an DAVIDEO pro 3. Everytime it crashes down. I,ve tried with my notebook, there it works! The problem is my notebook has just an harddisc of 40 gbyte an no DVD-Burner. In my PC i use an NEC ND-1300 DVD-Burner. Whats the problem with my machine??? Please help me, Thanks.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there chiche,

Have you tried loading DVD Shrink into a different directory ? Also EXACTLY where are you in the scheme of things - what steps have you taken that were OK before your PC shut down -

Get back to me with the - step by step, Alright ?

I'll be waiting -

Pete

3. chiche

chiche Member

Hello,
    Thanks for the fast reply but the problem is solved. The temperature in the tower inside was too high. This provided the shutdown. Now i've installed two other coolers and now it's running without any problem! The only problem i still have that is that when i've finished burning a DVD with Clone DVD, it doesnt finish. I have have to reset the PC to open the Drive for getting outr the written DVD-R! But thats not a big problem.

Thanks for the help !!!

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, that's very common.

Many people don't understand that encoding and burning are 2 of the hardest things your processor does - it's nothing like working with CD's - Working with DVD's is a whole different thing and you certainly generate a lot of heat doing it -
    Xtra fans, heatsinks and CO2 cartridges can help a whole bunch -

Glad you got your problem solved - cheers,

Pete