1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do certain ps2 games have stuff to stop you backingup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 21strand, Apr 4, 2005.

1. 21strand

21strand Member

I am able to back up most games to dvd using either alcohol 120 or dvd decrypter. However certain of the latest games like mercanaries and fifa street always crash at the same point when loading the games on the ps2. Have the latest games got more protection from copying.

If so how can I get round this.

2. Kezo

Kezo Member

Most people have trouble burning EA games, however, i have no problem with Nero.

3. keras

keras Regular member

Some of the newer games are trickier (i.e. mercenaries, god of war), but they can all be patched to work (with the exception of GT4 i believe).

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, the newer games sometimes have dummy or garbage files. Then you have to patch them or rebuild them to get them working. they think they are smart, but hackers are smarter and always find a way around it.
    there are not that many that you will have to do that with.
    Mercenaries, Fifa Street, Bloodrayne 2
    I know GT4, God Of War, Champions Of Norath & Return to Arms are all dual layer discs so that causes a lot of people problems because you can't burn them to a 4.7GB discs without cutting out a bunch of stuff first.