1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do dvd shrink must have to use nero burner?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rivon, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rivon

rivon Member

Do dvd shrink must have to use nero burner or could it use another burner? I have use nero for a couple of years and when I clean my pc I had to reinstall it again but now it's telling me that my free trial is up but before I clean my pc it was not telling me that message about a free trial. So now what I do? Do I have to buy the nero software?

2. onya

onya Guest

Here's a guide and software download thread by Alkohol. It's an all freebie combo... :)

You shouldn't have to purchase nero if it came bundled with your burner. Assuming that you have the original CD and the registration code.

Cheers.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You can use dvd decrypter and copytodvd. There's also a way to use ImgBurn,but i'm not sure on the proper procedure.

When you click the backup tab in dvd shrink it'll be the screen for Target Device.Look at Select Backup target. Your drive should be listed there and to the right,click on the V to open it up. You'll see this screen:

[​IMG]

Mine is set for autoburn with the squiggly red circle.

The squiggly green circle is what you want set if using dvd decrypter. Copytodvd is also available for me.

The black checkmark to the left of each option is what determines which program burns it.

If changing from autoburn with nero to Dvd decrypter or copytodvd,you'll have to change 1 setting. Open up dvd shrink/Edit/Preferences/click the File I/O tab. Look towards the bottom for a ticked box saying Enable burning with nero. The box is ticked as default. Tick it to have nero burn or untick it to burn with something else. OK after the setting change.

If you got a Nero OEM disc,you should be able to keep using it.They work very good and a lot of burners come with them.

If downloading off the net,it says it's expired, but dvd shrink may still be able to use it. I've also heard many peeps downloading it month after month.

4. rivon

rivon Member

Thanks alot Onya and Saugmon for the help.

5. onya

onya Guest

rivon, glad we helped out, keep us posted. Now I'm off to get me some red and green squiglys..LOL Just kiddin' saugmon, it's just my SOH :)

Cheers.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

onya: LMFAO!!!!

Beware of the red and green squigglys!!!

My photo skills are very poor.

8. onya

onya Guest

@saugmon,
    I'm right behind you... so to speak LOL