1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I connect my Wii to the internet???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by mdavenpor, Jan 23, 2007.

1. mdavenpor

mdavenpor Member

I am a proud owner of the Wii and am enjoying it very much however I am unsure as to connect it to the internet or not as I don't want to receive any firmware updates as this may block "usefull" exploits that could be used to enhance its usability, i.e. homebrew like with the PSP and firmware 1.5..

What are you thoughts on updating it to the latest version? Is there a chance that if I do, I won't be able to make use of homebrew and ISO etc...?

Thanks

2. tourchman

tourchman Guest

I dont beleive there are any exploits right now.I belive you can downgrade by just reseting your wii's memory.I have never tries to reset the memory of my wii so not sure if it will work.

3. mdavenpor

mdavenpor Member

Can anyone offer any information if a Wii reset will work on getting it back to the original version of software?

4. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

no im sorry to say a system reset will not downgrade the console and even if the console updates someone will find the explaoit in which to run games and homebrew anyways so i wouldn't be worried sra secured devices are pretty easy to bypass