1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i have a falcon?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Dec 3, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

I recieved my xbox 360 today.
    Not sure if its falcon gonna open it once opening tool comes as i think i have broken the catches which that dumb spindle trick or i just damaged them.
    Team Adue
    Lot 744
    Mfr Date 2007-9-30
    Benq
    Hdmi premium
    P.s. anyone thinking its really quiet think again, its loud!!

2. John1800

John1800 Member

No need to open. Look on the barcode. If it's 175w instead of the 203 it's probably the falcon. Also flip the xbox upside down with the hard drive facing down. Use a flashlight to look in the vented area and if you see a copper tube it's the zephyr.

I used to be obsessed with getting the falcon. My zephyr never gets very hot. I lay it horizontal and have it in an open area.

3. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

IM going to open it anyway to flash it. My watt power is 203w but i have heard there are some falcons with that power outlet. If it really isnt a falcon boy am i unlucky. Id rather not take the risk, i'll probably sell it on and buy another.

4. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

Google for falcon identification pics. They show each board revision so you can tell. Look for the board with a missing ring inductor spot, and also if you have the heatsink with horizontal fins.

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

I 90% dont have a falcon as i can see the copper tube and i have a 203w power brick.
    Guys what would you do, mine is opened but not fully opened yet, so M$ wont give me warranty if it gets RROD,
    so i need advise please, hope it doesnt get RROD and keep it or sell it flashed for more money and get a falcon chipset.

6. John1800

John1800 Member

If I were you I wouldn't worry about the falcon so much. As long as you take care of your 360 by keeping it off carpet, laying it horizontally, and not leaving it on after you are done playing you should be fine. Ask some of the people that have had the rrod how they took care of their 360. All the people I know that have a launch system still have theirs. You should be thankful that you have the quiet benq drive. If you are still woried, since you have opened it and voided the warenty anyway I would put in the tallismoon fans they look pretty cool and add 50% more air flow. They are even supposed to be quieter. I think I'm going to get the green ones.

I would flash and just have some fun.

7. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 Regular member

I think the falcons can have a heat pipe. They're just not in the same layout design as the zephyrs according to pictures. The zephyrs have a heatpipe coming out of the main heatsink, the falcons can be off to the side of it.

8. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Cheers guys you helped me alot, im going to keep it and add the fan, Benq isnt quiet lol (well compared to my ps3), but i put my hand on the xbox 360 after i played it and its not that hot! I hate team adue why dont they make falcons, but hey im going to use the fan John suggested so thanks for that. The heatpipe is right in the middle when you look inside from the flashlight trick, which is what its shows in the pictures as being the zephry or whatever.

9. thaer_rs

thaer_rs Guest

10. John1800

John1800 Member

Yeah Ziggi, quiet as in xbox terms. I still wouldn't watch a dvd as it is too loud for the quiet parts of the movie and takes you out of it. When streaming a movie it works great though. Glad I could help out with the fans.

11. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yeah mate, id just watch dvd on Ps3.
    @thaer_rs its safer to lays your horizontally

12. thaer_rs

thaer_rs Guest

ziggi why is it safer to lay it horizental?? mine feels cooler when it is vertical

13. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

The discs get scratched much less, and its not harder to read so less stress on the dvd drive

14. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Woah i was just about to buy it dude, then i realised where would it go. if you have the extra heatsink like me there no way to put the addon fan..

15. John1800

John1800 Member

I don't believe it's an add on. It's a replacement fan.

16. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

That fan is okay but theres an addon fan that sits in the mobo that cools the cpu and gpu directly, search xcm add on fan

17. John1800

John1800 Member

ohhh ok. Yeah, I haven't seen that one. Anyway, have you flashed you system yet? I just got my VIA SATA 6421 in the mail today unexpectedly early. It only took 2 days. Usually when things are shipped when it says 3 I get it in 5.

18. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Cool i got mine from Ebay.
    Yeah i flashed it, was frustraing using the dosflash products, do you have a Benq Zephyr one like me?
    Use Iprep it prepares the disc and loads the firmware directly i didnt even have to switch the Pc on then off like Dosflash 16. believe me sooo easy and fast it was unbelieve 20 minutes compared to 6 hours with dosflash! if you get stuck ill be moer than happy to help.

19. John1800

John1800 Member

Thanks. Yeah, I have a benq zephyr like you. Whose tutorial did you end up using? Did you have to take any electrical precautions when doing yours?

20. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yeah mate all i done was allow the inside of my pc metal case touch with my 360 metal case.
    I used iprep v006 dont use dosflash youll get so frustrated. iprep is like the best thing ever so easyyyyyy.
    Just a couple of tips
    Use ixtreme 8x firmware loading times are very much the same as 12x yet much quieter.
    Burn discs at 2.4 with imageburn, verbatim.
    Are you using a memory stick if so use iprep
    let me know how it goes
    http://360mods.net/Forums/download/id=190.html