1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have a Media problem or a burner problem???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by EseAzteca, Sep 13, 2004.

1. EseAzteca

EseAzteca Guest

Hi everyone...here's my situation...i've purchased over 1000 ritek from mertiline over the last year and it everything was fine until maybe a few months ago...i purchased 200 of the ritek branded discs and all of them wouldn't burn...i sent back the media and replaced it with some blank matte surface...those came out okay, but every once in awhile i get a few bad discs...here's all the info...

using silver matte ritek discs 4x dvd-r:
    using nero burning rom sometimes it will spit out the disc at 45 secs and say power calibration error or it will take 30 mins to burn instead of 15...

using sliver shiny ritek discs 4x dvd-r:
    using nero burning rom...it will burn one (30mins) and it will go through another one, 30 mins and it says burn failed could not perfor disc at once...

using the branded ritek 4x dvd-r discs:
    nero will say power calibration error or spit out the disc half way...

i've also used record now max with all of the following at it will burn some at 30 mins, others in 15 mins, and some will go all the way through and fail with some error numbers...

my burner is a TDK multiformat internal 4x...i've checked the site for firmware updates and i have the latest firmware (well according to the site)...i've been using it on a regular basis for about 9-10 months...

am i having a media problem or has my burner finally failed?...like i said before i went through more than 1000 discs, both shinny and matte ritek's with not 1 single coaster and now every other one turns out to be a coaster...

anyone have any ideas?...should i just go buy a new burner?...

thanks everyone...peace...

2. EseAzteca

EseAzteca Guest

nevermind...i read further down the forum and i found my answer...lol...out to buy a new burner...thanks...