1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do i have to jailbreak/mod my ps3 to play games of the usenet

Discussion in 'PS3' started by dgafrider, Mar 16, 2012.

1. dgafrider

dgafrider Member

I downloaded a few games off usenet for my ps3 and wanted to no what are my options for playing them? Do i have to jail break, is it worth it and how... Im on 4.10 thanks!

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No, this jailbreak is only needed if you want to play Xbox 360 games on your PS3.

3. dgafrider

dgafrider Member

Ok thanks i pretty much no how i would have to downgrade to 3.55 im on 4.10 and was just really wondering if there was a mod or jailbreak that let me keep the online gaming and 4.10 software thnks for your help and not being a dick to my noob thread just need some answers for myself thanks!

4. CopyLifted

CopyLifted Member

Of course you have to run custom firmware to run those games. And since you are on 4.10 you'd have to downgrade to 3.55 using either a the e3flasher or progskeet depending on if you have a nand or nor console. At the moment i can't remember which one does both. And you can't downgrade a PS3 if it came from the factory with 3.56+ firmware. You can, In some cases, downgrade a slim 3.56 stock with datacode 1A.

If you are successful in downgrading you are stuck playing older games that are for 3.55 and lower. You can buy a dongle (that I won't mention cause I hate the greedy bastards) to play 3.56+ games though.

No PSN if you go this route.

Is it worth it? That's up to you.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

can of worms lol