1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I have to return to STOCK before updating to 2.0?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AssKlown, Oct 9, 2011.

1. AssKlown

AssKlown Regular member

Sorry gents, have been out of the scene for a bit, and wanna update my LT1.1+ drive. Just wondering if I need to flash back to stock first before I update to 2.0? I have a feeling its highly recommended, however should I do this via flashing the drive manually, or could I just take it online, and I know a live update will probably flash me back to stock... I have my CFW stored, but I don't have my OFW. Not sure if the OFW that is included in some of the F/W packs is reliable.

Thanks

2. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

3. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

If you're on the latest dashboard (2.0.13599.0) then you can just upgrade to LT+ 2.0.

If you're NOT on the latest dashboard, it's highly advisable to flash back to stock, upgrade to the latest dashboard, then flash your drive to LT+ 2.0.

There are numerous threads on here where people had issues (one or two unrecoverable) because they tried to update without flashing back to stock first.

4. cooll903

cooll903 Regular member

for the millionth time. this info is on almost every other thread on here from the past month. please read the forums first newbie. i really don't like reading the same thing over and over again 20 times a day.