1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do i keep trying?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by djmazz, May 1, 2007.

1. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

how do people.
    before i got into modding consoles i gave a mate my xbox to softmod for me. after about 2month i got it back half done and he said i need a modchip. so i asked another lad i no who is meant to be good with them. he said i dont need a modchip and he would do it for me.
    3weeks later i get it back looking the same as it was when i gave him it. he said somet about the hhd been wrong.
    so, i thought id have a go my self. problem is, all the tuts iv found save you need a cirtain game (eg splinter cell).
    now iv been told by a few people that a game is not needed. can anyone give me some idea where to find a tut plz. and yes iv tryed google. lol
    also the mobo is 1.4, iv soldered r7d1 and r7d2 together. and also r7d10 to the point next to that as it told me here http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/TSOP_flashing_HOWTO
    is that bit right?
    thanx for any help. x

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

in your post you said that there was something wrong the hard drive. are you getting error codes? if not then all you have to do is get a hacked gamesave onto your xbox and run a game. but if your hard drive is broken then you will need to use a chip and replace the hard drive

3. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

well iv got a seagate hard drive that was in it as standard but the one my mates tried is a samsung sv1533d/tge as it has more capacity.
    should i just try with the standard one for now?
    there's nothing faulty with the drives, i think they have just been flashed wrong.
    thanx for your help.

4. krj15489

krj15489 Active member