1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I Need A Mod-Chip?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kbomby2, Jul 25, 2003.

1. kbomby2

kbomby2 Guest

I have a no solder mod chip, and Swap Magic disks. Do i actually need the mod chip to play burned games? Becuase the flip top is the same thing and u dont need a mod chip to play... So if someone has the answer tell me, so i dont need to keep my unused mod chip... Thanks alot people. peace

2. Demon187

Demon187 Guest

Yes U Need A Mod-Chip To Play Burnt Games But Its Better To Get A Swap Disk....

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

why is the swap disc better??

4. kbomby2

kbomby2 Guest

I allready have a mod chip, and swap magic discs. What i want to know is if i need to know is if i need the mod chip if i allready have swap magic

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You have to have a flip top and swap magic or a no solder mod chip and swap magic. You can't just use swap magic by itself.

6. Demon187

Demon187 Guest

u can get a slide card with a swap disc or just the slide card at mod-chip.com the slide card alone is $15 i think.. but it works good

7. Backupman

Backupman Member

you'll get tired of these swaps real fast especially if you play backup dvd.I had it before and I switch cause it annoys the hell out of me,use it if it's a last option.But you still need a combination of swap disc with flip/no-solder chip/card etc to play cd and double switch for dvd

8. telescope

telescope Regular member

U hav got a modchip
    That is no solder
    U also hav SMD
    Fit in ur No solder mod and Swap with ur Smd disk and play ur burned games