1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need any other software than what comes with my dvd burner?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ps2rocks, Jun 30, 2003.

1. ps2rocks

ps2rocks Member

I am currently looking to buy a dvd burner. My question is...Do i need to buy any of that $39.99 DVD burning stuff off of the internet? I thought that you could just put the original ps2 game in and burn it onto a blank dvd-r. All dvd burners come with like 5 different programs to burn dvd's. Can I just use them or do I have to buy extra? Please help me quick.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

you dont have to buy extra hoverver many of the programs that are out there are much better for burning than what is supplied for your burner and allot of it is free on the net (ie dvd decrypter)

My advice to you is get the burner and if you arent happy with the software then try some demos of other software nero has a demo alcohol 120 has a demo + many others. find one that works and that you like then buy that software if you want it or try some of the free software and see if you like them.

3. ps2rocks

ps2rocks Member

Thank you so much! I was worried that I would have to buy that dumb Dvd burning software that is advertised in internet pop-up's such as: "DVD Master! Can burn any dvd/ps2 cd." DVD Wizard Burns all DVD's!" they were like 40 bucks too. Thanks again, I am getting my DVD Burner Today which is a TDK. Thanks again.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

no problem glad I could help