1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i need Chip, Swap cd's or both

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by jiggape, Dec 26, 2004.

1. jiggape

jiggape Member

I just got a version 7 ps2 and i am wanting to mod it. I plan to put a Maxtor 80 gb hard drive into it. I know i need the network adaptor for the HDD. What i am confused about is the actual loading of the games onto the HDD. I also want to play imported games.

What i understand is that you can get some discs (HD advance or something like it) and it will have an application to put the games on the hdd. this will require to get a flip top lid for the ps2. i was also looking into the mod chips like the Matrix infinity or the DMS4 pro.

With that said. If i get the mod chip, will i still need the loader discs, or does the mod chip have the applications for putting the games on my HDD.

thanks
    Pedro

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if you get a modchip, you can just download and burn the hd loader program. But yes, you need the hd loader or hd advance program.