1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do i need evox, to do any moding on a xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by thenaz11c, Jan 2, 2005.

1. thenaz11c

thenaz11c Member

Hello. My question is, if i can not get a copy of the evolutionx dashboard is it even worth looking at mod chips or any other upgrades. Is the evox need for all mod applications, or can some things be done without it.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Hi
    all evox is , is a dashboard which has a ftp "built in" to connect to a pc.
    The good thing about dashboards such as evox, avalaunch etc etc, is they give you a very nice and configurable (from the ini) menu on the screen.
    IE you can add programs via ftp on your pc, and include them to the menu by adjusting the evox.ini.
    BUT if you ONLY use your xbox to playbackups someone else made for you (ie they backed up your games) and thats all youre going to do, then you wont need it, I guess what Im saying is, you can still play backups, without an alternative dash, as long as the modchip bios allows it. (which they all do)
    There are many other things though that you can do aside from playing backups, so I would definately recommend a dashboard such as evox, avalaunch, or one of the others available.
    If you are unsure of how to install evox, I recommend an auto installer, get mirc, go to packetnews.com search for slayers (its the most common one)