1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to Flash my Modchip?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cheib, May 7, 2003.

1. cheib

cheib Member

Guys i'm thinking of buying the one of the no solder mod chips for the xbox but I was wondering if I can just install it without having to flash the chip, I do not have a burner and a buddy of mine already has a chip in his so he can backup my games for me. So what I am wondering is if I install just the chip can I instantly play backed up copys or do I need to flash the chip? Any info would help guys

2. cheib

cheib Member

What I really mean to ask was do I need to install evolution X or a similar program if I only intend to play backups not make them. or do I even need to flash the matrix chip if I do not plan on hooking my xbox up to my pc.

3. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

for the Matrix no solder you will have to flash the Bios.

For the Xecutor2 with the PogoPin (no solder) adapter you will not have to flash your Bios.

After that, if all you want to do is play backup disks, you do not need to do anything else.

Last edited: May 8, 2003
  4. Drew224

Drew224 Regular member

For the Xecuter 2 you will have to flash it. They are shipping the Xecuter 2 Lites with the Cromwell Bios now that will not allow you to do anything but boot Linux. And the Pros come with no bios at all. The flashing procedure for the Lites is really no big deal but your buddy will need to burn you two cds to do so.