1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need to recalibrate my lens on the PS2?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Yuki999, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Yuki999

Yuki999 Member

I've chipped my PS2 and it doesn't seem to work with the burnt disks anyway, but I also bought a brand new Chrono Cross game at EB games to check it out, and it doesn't work either (I tried to disable the chip, which is the only thing it does), so does my lens needs recalibrating? It also does a lot of noise at the start of the boot.
    I hope that I didn't ruin something in my PS2 while installing the chip, but that can't be right, since the one who did it is very good at soldering and has been doing it for a very long time.
    So do I just recalibrate the lens or do I need to buy a new PS2 to be able to play PSX games? My PS2 is version 9 by the way.

2. Cybertick

Cybertick Guest

i would first try to clean the lens in most cases this will help
    calibrating the laser is not so easy as it sounds like if you try it without an oscilloscope

3. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

What type of chip did your friend install? Some chips require firmware flashing once they are installed. Do you know if this was done.