1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do modchips translate?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Kirsdarke, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Kirsdarke

Kirsdarke Member

I feel like a total n00b asking such a dumb question, but I have to ask. My friend told me that modchips are capable of automatically translating menu text in Japanese games into english. Now I really doubt that (where would the game magically get english lettering?) but really I must ask.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I have not played any myself. But from what i know that is just not going to happen. It will play it sure, but translating it is not something a modchip was designed to do.

3. 3lement

3lement Regular member

yea i did a little research and i couldnt finmd any mod chip (at least not yet) that could translate games into different languages. but thats gotta be something of the future.

4. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

for some popular jap games such as winning eleven you can get patches but i dont think its something a modchip would be able.

5. 3lement

3lement Regular member

yea i dont think so either and probably not going to come out for some time. if they make one.