1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do Need More Ram and Video Memory to Play HD GAMES (WATCHDOGS)

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by RobinGamerMAX999, Nov 4, 2014.

1. RobinGamerMAX999

RobinGamerMAX999 Newbie

Hey Guys,i need help/tips

SYSTEM - Intel Core i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
    4 GB RAM(2.94 GB USABLE) After i made my video memory to 1 GB
    64-Bit System running Windows 7 Ultimate (sp1)
    Intel HD Graphics 4400

Graphics Card - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450 2GB DDR3

So my question is i want to play hd games like watchdogs,call of duty,gta 4 etc,can i play these in maxed out settings,if it cant it really doesnt matter to me much atleast i could play it at the lowest settings,so i made my Video Memory to 1 GB and i am left out with 2.94GB usable.i am gonna plug my Graphic card soon,its 2 gb so can i use my video memory with it and could i use both Intel(INTEGRATED) and Radeon(Discrete) at the same time,as far as i know i have a Haswell,its newer than Sandy Bridge so i guess i could use Intel Flexible Display Interface or not.I am also gonna add like 4-8gb ram to my system as sometimes it runs so laggy with low ram.so with all these Ram,Graphics Card 2 gb can i run them in maxed out settings or in low settings(without laggs).This is my new Mini Tower computer,i have just bought it a month ago.does it have the guts and power run this.it would be really helpful if u can answer my question at the earliest.thx a lot

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

why would you want to run both the onboard video & the videocard at the same time.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Both those graphics adapters are very bottom of the barrel, they are designed to run the desktop, web browsers and the occasional flash game. They are not designed to run PC games, especially not modern ones like Watch Dogs. I would be surprised if you could run that title at anything above minimum settings. While it is possible to use both graphics adapters at the same time in the windows desktop, it is not possible to do so in games, so the HD5450 will be all you have. I'm not sure which of the two is better but it's largely academic as neither will provide a suitable experience. This is a basic office PC and not a gaming PC. As a result, upgrading it to support playing games may be difficult, depending on room in the case and the rating of the power supply. If you wanted to play games on a budget that tight, really I would have suggested a Playstation 4 or Xbox One. Sorry :/

4. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi,

I agree with Sammorris, you really don't have the right tool for the job. In my personal experience the games which you would like to play will require this kind of hardware (and we are not talking about running the games at maximum video settings) -
    • I7 CPU (though an I5 would get you by, however an I3 will not!)
    • 8+ Gigs of RAM (preferably of the 1600MHz + speed variety)
    • Either an NVidia GTX600+ or a Radeon HD7800+ graphics card
    Upgrading your computer probably isn't an option.

Kind Regards,

Davo

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member