1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do not use r4i gold 3ds Deluxe Edition V3.0-V3.3 firmware

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Anniemoon, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Anniemoon

Anniemoon Member

today the r4i gold 3ds Deluxe Edition official site has released the news that do not use the r4i gold 3ds Deluxe Edition V3.0-V3.3 firmware because the firmwares can brick your 3ds or 3ds xl console.

here is the quote

Attention: Please don't use the firmware V3.0~V3.3 at the moment, which might cause a potential "blue screen" risk, we are still working on a solution for this critical issue, will fix it in the coming firmware V4.0(with mutiROM feature).

So only use the V3.3b firmware will be fine.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

thats scary why would a ds flash cart brick a console when it has nothing to do with flashing the system rom???

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  3. leslielee

leslielee Member

I heard it is because deluxe edition copied gateway 3ds's firmware, so gateway team put some bugs into the firware 2.20b which is safe for the buyer who bought genuine card but will brick the console which bought the fake card.

4. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

that is really not cool, why gateway 3ds make the bug to brick the console but not brick the card?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. leslielee

leslielee Member

it likes a lesson for the players who buy fake cards from other places not gateway.

6. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

true but when people find this out gateway will just end up with a lawsuit claiming there device contains malware and spyware so its not cool on there end at all