1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do these suggested DVD burners work on a Mac?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by nofriendo, Jun 29, 2007.

1. nofriendo

nofriendo Member

I have a mac. what dvd burners/programs work best? Do the suggested burners under the Wii Backup Guide work on macs also, cause under their websites the specifications arnt to specific on that.

anyone else here backup on a Mac?

2. dev22

dev22 Member

Well the only one that I know of is Toast and it seems to be really popular amongst Mac users.

3. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

For the external burners, they usually are the same on Mac or PC (better go for a Firewire one anyway...), just check the websites to see if they have private drivers for Mac, or if they are automatically recognized by Mac OS X. I have a LaCie lightscribe D/L, that works fine for me. If you already have a DVD burner in your standard Mac no need for an external one they work just fine.

For the soft I would advise you to check LiquidCD, it's free and very good. Toast is popular but no need for such a huge (expensive) burning factory and more important it does not like the Wii ISO format.

You can also go with the standard included in Mac OS X DIskBurner, or the free Open Source "Burn".

But really just download LiquidCD and give it a try. When selecting a Wii ISO It will tell you that the format is not supported, don't worry for this, it just means that you can't mount it on the desktop, just click burn and voila ! Oh, and always check the "verify after burn" option, with any software, cause DVD burning is quite sensitive, and even if everything appear fine during burn you might have got some errors, so better safe than sorry, just check after burn if the DVD is fine.

4. jnaks

jnaks Regular member

dunno...disk utility works fine for me to burn isos on a mac.