1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do they check your firmware when you send in your xbox for repair?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by lcex, May 23, 2007.

1. lcex

lcex Member

I have the 3 red lights of death.. my xbox is modded but I never updated with the new patch. I noticed everyone has been getting banned so it gave me an idea. Send my xbox in for the rol get a replacement then just start buying games. Will this work?

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

if you modded it they will notice that tyou opened it. then rgwy will just send it back to you

3. lcex

lcex Member

well if you the broken seal would just mean that I voided the warranty ... which means I would pay $120 for a replacement .... right?

4. lcex

lcex Member

well since I broke the seal I voided my warranty.. I would expect to pay $120 for a replacement... im pretty sure breaking the seal means nothing more then a voided warranty ... I dont think they would turn away my console...right?

$120 is much better than 400 for a new console.. I think it would work if you need me to explain it better let me know.

excuse the first post.. im drunk

5. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i guess it would work but you would have to pay 150 for them to fix it.

6. lcex

lcex Member

dont they send you a refurbished box? Im pretty sure they dont fix the actual console you send in

7. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

i think their will be checking for that now with all the ammount of consoles that have been banned

8. lcex

lcex Member

Should I flash the drive if so ... how?

9. steimy

steimy Active member

Your idea is good in theory but will not work. There is only a slight chance when you send it in for repairs that you will get the same console back. And i do not know about now, but they were not checking or fixing the firmware before. Because people who had unmodded consoles who sent them in for repair, got a console back and got banned from live. So they must have received a modded console.

10. ShepPSP

ShepPSP Member

I sent my hacked 360 into Microsoft and rcvd a different unit back. A couple months ago i read that Microsoft was now repairing and sending the same unit back that they rcv from you. Go for it.