1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do we need definitely need to have DVD-ROM to play divx,avi movies, I have CD-ROM drive but I could not play divx movies

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kishore, Jul 4, 2003.

1. kishore

kishore Member

Hi,

I have a CD-ROM drive. I have borrowed some movies from my friend downloaded from the web. I could not play any of the movies on my system. He has a DVD-ROM drive. Do we need definitely need to have a DVD-ROM/CD-RW to play divx movies.

If CD-ROM is enough, then
    I installed XVID -Nic's build 29-10-02.exe,DivXPro503GAINBundle.exe , Nimo50Build9Beta1.exe codecs and software. Do I need to install any other software to play the movies we download from the net.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Kishore

2. Labrat

Labrat Regular member

Try using GSpot this program will tell you what Codec you should need.. Also Download the best player out for Avi files an Divx. "(Just My Opinion")

http://www.divx.com/divx/player.php

Also you don't need a Dvd Drive to watch them. As long as the movies are on Cd-r or Cd-rw ;)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]Despite All My Rage - I'm Still Just A Rat In A Cage!
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Just as an add on, even if you get the correct codecs from gspot there is a 60% chance they wont play back properly because you installed the nimo codec pack so remove that and in future stick only to codecs you need!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Agreed Dela, there is a lot of overlapping here. I suggest you either do a customized installation of Nimo or remove Nimo from your system. Also FDDSHOW is something to look into also

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye that is one thing ppl need to learn, the nimo codec pack wasnt made to install everything it has it was made to install just what u need but man ppl just say, "ah sure, who care sill install em all" lol and then the next day, they post on aD! ;-)