1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in ghosts and poltergiest

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by bern2707, Mar 13, 2005.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

ah, I see I am not the only one then ;-)........

Actually I am believer in spirits and poltergeists etc.
    I haven't seen on, but I do know when something is around.
    If you have a pet, there are VERY spiritual and can see things we cannot, has your pet ever just sat that and stared into just 'empty space' for ages?
    If so then they are probably looking at an entity.
    Especially if one of your pets was deceased, and you have another one, the possibility of your original pet being present is quite high and often it will tease/play with your other pet.......................

I do have first hand knowledge of the 'spirit world' as my mom is a well known medium in the UK, and has been on TV/Radio etc............

There are alot of sceptics around concerning this subject, but each to their own..................Do you believe, that is the question?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

to me, it's kind of like the question of extraterrestial life...with all the possibilities, how can you not believe?

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Well I tell you what is true in this world.

If you believe, then you don't have to prove.
    If you dis-believe, then prove it...............LOL

4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

"...innocent until proven guilty..."

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

but usually guilty til proven innocent!!

6. bern2707

bern2707 Member

I personally am a bit sceptic, On this most haunted program this man walks in a room, And picks up on the name and the date and tells you what they died of, And they keep going on about orbs that are little lights picked up on camera, But the most impressive thing is when they do a seyonce with a glass, And it starts spinning round madly, But it still doesnt prove theres ghosts, but its suprising how many people they get to believe, And then they do there little phone inns, £1 each a call to enter competition,200.000 phone call entries At a pound each, And then the dvd comes out £14.99, I think its a farse money making con, They do have a most haunted program in the usa, And the team from the uk are going to the usa to do a couple of episodes, So keep your eyes out for it, If theres anyone in the uk that reads this and has watched the program what do you think, You can also find them on www.livingtv.co.uk, They do web cams in the rooms whilst doing the program, I think when your dead your dead, Like falling asleep but not waking up, ghost dont excist,

And like the senior member who said about his mom being on tv&radio She would still make cash from it wouldnt she,

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  7. car1ef

car1ef Member

I personally know that there is something after death, you're not just worm food...

Rev. Carl

8. ddp

body yes, soul no!!

9. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Actually my mom, any appearance she has made, she has not been paid for...................

The film 'Ghost' actually touched on a well know subject regarding the afterlife, ie someone passing away by he hands of someone else.
    No matter how you look at it, there is truth behind that.
    The only way of disproving the facts is by using science and maths.
    This is the only way we have been brought upto 'figure' things out, 'logic' can be applied but CAN NEVER prove it exists, because science and maths have no bearing on the afterlife.

How we are brought up, socially and doemstically all have a bearing on what our beliefs actually are, granted my upbringing has been invloved in the afterlife so therefore it would be correct to assume that I do have a bias towards it over someone who hasn't.

Spirits and ghosts are not true 'bodies' and have no physical dynamics, but are 'souls' from the past, we all have a choice to come back or not in spirit or in human form (reincarnation), and those who have committed atrocities have no choice but to come back in a human form.

My mums mum past away several years back, and when 'she' is around her she turns the kettle on....I have seen it and seen her...........
    LOL, you may laugh but it is true.
    The kettle has been checked over for defects etc and is fully working, the 'power' switch to it has to moved 'against gravity' in order for it to be turned on..........science and maths cannot explain that, so that means the kettle is not faulty, so how can it be turned on....................?

Interesting to see many peoples views though, but it is easier to disbelieve than to believe, if you ever encounter a situation, then views may change, but maybe some people have chosen not to believe.......

10. bern2707

bern2707 Member

You must agree though theres a lot of money made out of it, and large tv companys exploit it, As you know we are only supposed to use a % of are brains in every day use, Im not sure i think its 20% or something, What is the other 80% percent for, Your comment abut the kettle switching on, Obviously your mum misses her mother and wishes her to be around her, Which is great, But sycologically she remembers her mum making a brew, And maybe somewhere in the 80% of the supposed unused brain has the power to switch on the kettle, I also think this 80% of unused brain has the ability between 4 people sat round a table to move a glass, I think these are more a possibility than seeing spirits and things that go bump in the night,I think theres more of a chance of aliens being here than ghosts,

11. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I do agree with that, and there will always be someone who is not geniune and in it just for the money.

So you think pyschologically she is doing it herself.......using parts of the 'unused brain'.

Heehee, I can see where that came from now.
    May hold some truth behind that, but I doubt it..........

Also just for the record, my mums name isn't Carrie........LOL, just in case you were wondering..............

Not having the depth of knowledge in this subject is where sceptics come from, not knowing and not wish to know, well if thats the case, then how could they possibly comment on something they really do not understand.............

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  12. ddp

albert einstien supposedly used about 10% of his brain so what is going with the 90% & the rest of who are lucky to even use 8% or less there is more untapped resources not touched

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

baabaa, i think he was just saying that maybe sometimes humans can use limited telekinetic powers and not be aware of it. not that i agree with his stand on ghosts, but i don't think he's trying to insult you or your mother.

14. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yes I think you're right, I have just re-read it and think I may have taken it the other way.

Ignore me bernie boy (edited my last post above), me and my mum are the spirits tag team.......................

Has anyone ever seen 'The Entity', VERY disturbing indeed..............

There has been alot of debate about this film/book, regarding the authenticity of it.

A quote I came across was:
    For those of you that didn't know this, The Entity was based on a true story. It occured during the 1970's in the suburbs of Los Angeles. The victim (women) was repeated raped and molested by a dark spirit who inhabited the house, which placed a huge emotional strain on her family and friends around her. Paranormal investigators from UCLA investigated the house and, in turn, witnessed some of the most horrifying events in paranormal history. The television show, "Sightings", did a documentary of this phenomena and have interviewed some of the investigators that were there and witnessed the phenomena. This documentary, and other ghost documentaries can be found on VHS or DVD entitled: "Sightings: The Ghost Report". The author of the book "The Entity" also witnessed the events that took placed at the home and the book basically describes his experience and the victim's experiences with this phenomena.
    Another interesting fact about it was:
    The real-life Carla Moran's teenage son described a particularly vicious attack in which Carla was thrown by the malevolent force and hit her head. He tried to intervene, but he was also thrown, breaking his arm. In the filming of the movie, the actor playing the son broke his arm in that scene, and the curtains tore from top to bottom without explanation.

If you get a chance to watch it then do, but it is disturbing and may even open peoples eyes on the power of the paranormal

15. baabaa

baabaa Active member

16. bern2707

bern2707 Member

There was no intension to say anything bad about your mum, My gran died at the ge of 87 And my mam was with her nearly every day, The only story my mam ever told me was that she woke up one night and seen a man stood at the bottom of the bed wearing a tall hat and coat, She shouted get out get out at it, And it never moved, She ran past it and switched on the light and obviously as allways it had gone, My dad was a lorry driver and was away a lot, When he came home my mum told him ive got something to tell you, Its realy scary, And before she could say anything else, My dad said you dont mean that bloke with the tall hat do you, My dad said he had seen it but didnt want to worry anybody, That was it my mum sold the house within a month, And moved 1/2 a mile away, Six weeks later the woman she sold the house to came to the house, And asked my mum if when we lived at the house did we see or have any strange happenings, My mum said no, I mean i could be completly wrong and maybe someday we may see proof, But after watching this program now for 2 years, And they have been to some of the scariest places in the uk, There has been no actual proof, I must admit though it would be hard to find the bottle personally to go to some of the dark cellars and weird places they go to, But it does make a good program, And they do make a lot of money from us gullible public

ps i trid this link http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.media?sid=9388&m=5&url=http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/skycutter40.wmv
    Got the white cant find page ?

17. ddp

the actress in the entity was barbara hershey

18. baabaa

baabaa Active member

ddp, you're right nothing rarely slips past you ..............LOL

Here's one for ya, see if you can find out who my mum is........................using the net.........

19. bern2707

bern2707 Member

elizabeth francis

How do you loose junior status on this web site ?

This lady is in the uk, And one of the best known, Ill send her a email, youd have to be psycic to guess who your mum is, Or if somebody guesses it are you going to do the decent thing and send the winner a cash prize, £50 will do, ?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2005
  20. ddp

100 posts-member
    500 posts-senior member
    2500 posts-addict
    moderator-nominated
    above-6 figure sum in $
    usually about every 6 weeks for status change goes thru & i think the change just went by as we have a new addict last night "bbmayo"