1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you guys think i should get an xbox 360 too?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ziggi_83, Dec 16, 2007.

1. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yo guys i can get an xbox 360 pro hdmi for £220 brandnew with extra controller, the more efficient fans and its pre-modified.
    Should i get it along with my ps3, id have alot of games on it plus more copies..or backups..
    Should i go for it or just buy games for ps3 without fearing xbox live ban?
    Posting this hear as i want to hear opinions from ps3 owners
    Kl.

2. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

If you can afford to have both then go for it. The 360 can be moded so there goes having to buy games (keep in mind a few moded 360's have been banned from Xbox live). The only reason I want a 360 myself is gears of war and that pretty much it.
    Right now the 360 for me is till unreliable and they still don't have the cooler running chip. So personally I think getting a 360 now is a pretty expensive gamble.
    Good luck.

3. shauntay

shauntay Regular member

the 360 is decent but the reliability of it is awfull, i swapped my 360 yesterday with over 70 games for a ps3, i was that pissed with my 360 and microsoft i'd had enuff so i decided to see what the ps3 was like as id never played one.

ivehad it 1 day now an its cool, ive only got 2 games
    but there games id play were as all the 360 games just sat there gathering dust.

i also had my 360 banned an i only really like to play online so if thats a major factor to you then be carefull.

also the fact i can play online for free on the ps3 is also gr8, cos i bought a 12 month subscription for xbox live then got banned after 3 months of use so wasted some money there.

also my 360 was banned by microsoft when i sent it back with red ring of death, they banned it and sent it back to me for being modded, buti was lucky they fixed it at all.

overall if you can afford to deal with these problems that arise then go for it, but i have no regrets about swapping mine as the ps3 seems so solid and well made and the list of games to be released next year is looking good, im looking forward to time crisis and gt5.

hope my going on helps u out a bit lol

4. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Thanks for the advice. Yeah but the successful talismoon replacement fans are so great they double the air flow and i havent heard any get rrod with those fans. yeah i really want gears of war and number 2 when that comes out plus other i could get..

5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

lol yeah i read about your posts on the 360 forum, argh now i dont know what to do lol, if you were in my shoes with the money to afford it and didnt mind getting banned from xbox live once i play the shi*t out of halo 3 and cod4 online would you but it? Thanks

6. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

lol wtf dude, you think the 360 is "overrated"??? Dude, you must have relaitves at Sony or something because I have no idea why anyone would prefer the PS3 over the 360. Why do you come to this board and post so much if you like the PS3 so much better? Just the fact you can make backups and you can't with the PS3, make it so much better. Even if you could make backups with PS3, you would have to buy a $25 Blu Ray disk, what a waste of money. The only thing PS3 has going for it is potential (what PS3 people always say), but that means nothing now and their exclusive games are a joke.

Re: ziggi_83
    17. December 2007 @ 03:04 Link to this message
    lol i have both Ps3 is better! lol, its amazing how over rated xbox 360 is.

7. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

buy a 360. i have both, and like them just the same. i play the 360 more, as i have more games and more controllers at this point in time. plus, with the hd-dvd add-on and the blu-ray drive in the ps3, you have some good next generation dvds to watch.

8. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Tyler, for the same games, which graphics look better, the PS3 or 360? I heard PS3 by a little bit usually. I tell you if PS3 game programmers use that 54 GB disk space to the fullest someday, those games will be the best thing ever.

9. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

@MrXbox360, dude no need to take it personal, whats up with people on these forums these days! Chill out!

Yeah by overrated i did not mean crap i meant what i said, the way my friends and online websites were going on about it, has failed to reach my expectations IMO. Its still a good console i had a 360 earlier for like 2 weeks but some dude wanted to buy it off me so i sold it for quite alot, i got another today which i was going to do anyway for really cheap its the falcon so thats a plus, so because its cheap i would mod it but even if a hack came out for Ps3 i wouldnt mod it cos its too expensive to replace should anything go wrong. The exclusives for Ps3 are not a joke, Resistance Fall of Man is one of the best games i have played and Unreal Tournament is crazy online.
    And you didn't have to go looking through my posts to copy and paste! loool.
    @Tyler i wouldnt purchase the hd-dvd when i have a blu-ray player, pm me your Psn and your Xbl tag so i can play you sometimes on both consoles, how long have you had a 360 without getting banned?

10. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

let me preface my answer with the fact that i have a xbox 360 with NO HDMI. i got mine over a year ago, so the HDMI was not available. that may make a difference.

with that said, i think the PS3 games do look a bit better...at least games that are 1080p. they look damn good.

as for blu-ray in the ps3 vs. hd-dvd in the 360 add-on, the blu-ray looks like a little better, but that's probably because of the cheap microsoft component cables i'm using. the hd-dvd add-on is a little more "grainy" on my 1080p plasma. i am in the process of looking for better cables now.

regardless, both are awesome. i mean, at some point, you forget about which one looks slightly better and just enjoy. it sure beats the heck out of the graphics from super nintendo! :)

11. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

lol jk Ziggi calm down dude, lol just giving you crap man. lol I was like damn, this frequent 360 poster is bashing our system over there, all good man, we'll just call you the Benedict Arnold of the 360 forum, jk.

Cool Tyler, yeah both good. Sony was in a bad spot with the 360 having a year head start. I wish the 360 had the Blu Ray instead, but all good. Like you said, both good. Like I say, if Sony can get those games to fit on the entire Blu Ray disk of 54 GB, they will be far and away the best.

12. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

;) Dude, not really bashing just sharing a simple opinion that its overrated. I like the xbox 360 too, until m$ ban me or i get rrod :)

13. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

One thing about MS, it rushed out a defective system with the heating problems to beat the PS3 to the market, I guess they felt it was worth it to get a big headstart on Sony.

14. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

It was actually a good move as the younger market go for the 360 because of the amount of games that are out regardless of RROD or not.

15. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

It was most definitely a good move releasing it early. I think they learned how hard it was to catch up when Xbox came out late vs PS2 and didn't want to be put in that situation again.

16. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

Surely you were smart enough not to trade 70 original games and the 360 for the PS3? If they were the original games, you were crazy for doing it, copies not so much.

17. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Yeah that is probably why they released it quick. Well she did say it was banned from xbl so they are most probably backups, i think its a good deal as the console is banned.

18. MrXbox360

MrXbox360 Guest

I agree, just sticky situation anytime "money" and "copies" are in the same sentence as you can get nailed with a federal crime as everyone knows.