1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think that microsft will ban hacked 360s soon

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tptfresh, Jan 25, 2007.

1. tptfresh

tptfresh Member

Do you think that microsft will ban hacked 360s soon

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

If they can find us... Yes, I think they will eventually. I don't think they can find much right now, because the Hacked Firmwares have something called "stealth" installed, which makes M$ think that it's just a regular Firmware. There is no way of telling...

3. K4kashi

K4kashi Regular member

They may find some way to stop it, then the hackers will probally just find a way to beat whatever they do to stop it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I thought I read somewhere that the guy who original made the firmware hack came out and said that it would be very easy for M$ to do know if a console is modded with hacked firmware.

I don't see what M$ has to gain by banning everyone anyway: I know people who are more inclined to get a 360 because they can play copied games on live, and don't mind paying 80 bucks a year for Gold.
    The developers on the other hand, I can understand how they wouldn't be pleased with the no bans, and I'm guessing they're putting pressure on M$ to work out something.

I don't reckon M$ will do a thing for a while. Online gaming is going to be a big thing for this generation of consoles, and the more reasons M$ has to entice a potential customer to buy their console rather than the PS3, the better.

5. modster

modster Regular member

M$ has alot to gain. by banning, then M$ would stop all of the illegal pirated games from playing live.

again, you must have original games before you can make backups.

I estimated that 8 out of 10 people have backup games that are created from either downloading or from friends.

cheers

6. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Yeah, but how would it be a loss for M$? They're not losing money on the pirated games, are they? Wouldn't it be the developers and publishers that are losing money?

And what do you mean you must have original games to make back-ups? You can order them off people.

You reckon 8 out of 10 people have backed up games, meaning that 8 out of 10 people have modded 360s? I doubt the number is that high just yet.

7. surf90

surf90 Member

I think he means that out of all the backups owned, 80% of them are not proper backups. ie, most people with backups dont have the original game.

8. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Oh, okay. I see what he means. I agree; heck, it's probably even higher than 80%

9. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I just think MS doesn't feel like playing the cat and mouse game that Sony has been playing all this time with PSP and hackers as Sony came out the losers every time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  10. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

im sure if they ever do then it will be easy to fix, MS cant afford to push people away, 360 IS outselling ps3 but that might not be the case forever

11. malavik

malavik Member

well the easiest answer to that question i think is yes. i mean you hacked your xbox after spending 300+ dollars, xbox blocks and disables it orwhatever they do. and you have to go out and spend another 300+ dollars simple huh?